• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Yeah I made the point earlier - it's not the most important thing, but we have an awesome tail.

adub

International Captain
Looks like the following for the 1st Test

Hughes
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Usman
Haddin
Johnson
Harris
Copeland
Beer

Like the look of that, especially the leather-flingers - Copeland and Harris pitch the ball up and are always 'at' the batsman.
Yeah, like Sylvester said swap out Beer for SOK (and Dougeh for MJ :ph34r: ) and that's just about as strong as we can field. Would rather see Uz at 3 or 4 with the rest slipping down one, but that's a minor matter compared to just getting him in the side instead of Marsh. I'm pretty confident we'll do well with that team.

howardj

International Coach
Agreed. I'd rather Usman (as he will surely long term) bat at three right now. Far easier for him to do this while we still have a bit of 'insurance' in the team (in the form of Ponting and Hussey) than for him to shift to three after those guys have retired.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
copeland contiunes to show a massive disregard for the traditions of Australian cricket by taking a wicket with the new ball.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
copeland contiunes to show a massive disregard for the traditions of Australian cricket by taking a wicket with the new ball.
:laugh:

I just love the guy, his attitude and the fact that he's muscled his way into the Aus team by performing instead of being pretty.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
:laugh:

I just love the guy, his attitude and the fact that he's muscled his way into the Aus team by performing instead of being pretty.
Please explain how Sids, Smith, Harris, etc, got in by being pretty?

Johnson is about the only one they can choose on the potential of modelling contracts, surely?

I know Clarke gets money to run around in his jocks but that is still a mystery to me, why anyone would pay him.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Not a bad achievement for Lyon to dismiss Samaraweera in Sri Lanka.

He will need a big haul to displace Beer from the Test spot though IMO.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
So, we go in with Johnson, Harris, Copeland and Beer? Id be happy with that. Usman can bat 6, or if Watson is going to bowl more then he can bat lower. Im tipping Hussey to not be around for the NZ series later this year....

Spark

Global Moderator
So, we go in with Johnson, Harris, Copeland and Beer? Id be happy with that. Usman can bat 6, or if Watson is going to bowl more then he can bat lower. Im tipping Hussey to not be around for the NZ series later this year....
Might not be the worst shout that. Bad vibes about him atm.