• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Spark

Global Moderator
would need a spinner in there somewhere tho

Hey I know a guy...he can bat a bit too ;)
Does his name involve a z somewhere?

EDIT: I just noticed... their #11 averages over 20 and has an FC ton.

Last edited:

adub

International Captain
Does his name involve a z somewhere?

EDIT: I just noticed... their #11 averages over 20 and has an FC ton.
Incredible fc batting averages all the way down the list. Obviously haven't faced a lot of Copes.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
News Ltd report says this re spinners

"(Lyon) looked more impressive than Beer today generating some loop and turn."

I have no real preference but I guess Lyon is really more of a cricketweb fav.
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Lyon's always going to be more aesthetically pleasing than Beer regardless of how effective they are; the guy just looks a much more able and threatening bowler in general. I wouldn't really have him anywhere near the team at the moment but that means nothing when the only actual competition is Beer. I'd take Lyon every time based on what I've seen and let's face it, that's all we have to go on as neither of them have records to speak of at any level above grade cricket.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clarkey, Clarkey, Clarkey. Didn't you get the notes from Zimbabwe? Gotta get Siddle on against the tail so he can get some cheap wickets and look adequate.

Folding like bad hand here.
Ah here he is.

Uppercut

Clarkey, Clarkey, Clarkey. Didn't you get the notes from Zimbabwe? Gotta get Siddle on against the tail so he can get some cheap wickets and look adequate.

Folding like bad hand here.
Tail-end wickets are anything but cheap. Haven't you watched Australia for the past three years?

Spark

Global Moderator
Perhaps this is a clever plan to make sure we don't need to bat tonight.

Or giving Siddle to bowl himself out of the Test side, which works too.

Uppercut

That might have something to do with the quality of the bowlers more than the batsmen.
In any case, if there's one thing Australian cricket needs it's a bowler who can pick up some "cheap" wickets and look adequate when the tail is in.

Spikey

siddle eco rate watch: up to 5:00 from 4:00 at spell's start

copeland career average watch: down to about 21.02