• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

adub

International Captain
In any case, if there's one thing Australian cricket needs it's a bowler who can pick up some "cheap" wickets and look adequate when the tail is in.
I'd be confident in Harris and Copeland filling that bill. Not to mention the Rug.

adub

International Captain
Whilst there is still another innings to go you'd be a brave man to bet against us playing Johnson, Harris and Copeland as the quicks for Galle. That was always the best I was hoping for considering the squad.

2 spinners would always have been a long shot with what we have to pick from. They'll get another chance to make a claim in the second innings, but frankly I don't think there's a whole lot of difference between em.

Howe_zat

Audio File

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So the big question has to be whether Copeland has done enough today to earn a place in the side?

Lyon probably bowled his way out of it with Beer getting the spinners role and Clarke offering back up if needed.

Attack of Harris, Johnson, Copeland and Beer with Watson and Clarke offering more options depending on their respective fitness would be how i'd go.

Laughed at the Sri Lankan squad, reminds me of the Aussies just before the ashes with the muddled thinking.

adub

International Captain
Pretty contrasting plans for seeing out to stumps.

Love seeing Hughes back to his best. I don't give a toss if his back foot is kicking the square leg umpire in the shin so long as he keeps scoring runs.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
What's the deal with Copeland? I see he's 25 but it seems he's only really been around for a season and a bit... was it injuries that kept him out?