• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Lostman

State Captain
Mendis will be selected to the test. poor old fella Randiv. Easily the best all rounder for SL in this series.
They will play at least 2 spinners, maybe even 3 at Galle. No reason why both Mendis and Randiv would not make the side.

Lostman

State Captain
Best two bowlers of the series...

Malinga- 4 matches- 11 wickets@ 11.45, SR 17, Econ 4.02
Bollinger- 4 matches- 9 wickets@ 15.44, SR 22.6, Econ 4.08

And neither is playing the tests:laugh:

Howe_zat

Audio File
For all Mendis' failings in the long form and supposedly being worked out, his limited overs record is still ridiculously good.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
well well well

a good showing in the tour match and who knows...

he's obviously a better option than siddle, not so sure over Copeland. main problem being he's been a bit all over the shop, but man the good balls
Jumping the gun a bit putting Siddle behind both Copeland and Pattinson? I doubt the selectors see it that way.

Incidentally, if Ponting doesn't have a massive next year, I'll be shocked. I've been tipping it for a while now but I reckon injuries have gotten in the way. He's now fit and some of his shots this series have, for me, been telling. Bloke's always at his best when he's just meeting the ball and I dare say he's doing exactly that, looking very strong through the offside right now. Always said he's Dean Jones with all the optional upgrades and his batting just oozes class right now.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You've been saying it for so long that it may eventually have to come true.

To be fair your writing off of Kallis in 2007 was such a bad call that you need this one to come right to make up for it :ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
"You" as in India? That's true, you were calling a comfortable England win all along.

Also reminded everyone of that quite a bit :ph34r:

Top_Cat

Bad joke, gone wrong, can't be ****ed fixing it. Anyway, not only did I say India would lose, I said they wouldn't win a Test. :cool:

Also, **** Kallis.

Ruckus

International Captain
Incidentally, if Ponting doesn't have a massive next year, I'll be shocked. I've been tipping it for a while now but I reckon injuries have gotten in the way. He's now fit and some of his shots this series have, for me, been telling. Bloke's always at his best when he's just meeting the ball and I dare say he's doing exactly that, looking very strong through the offside right now. Always said he's Dean Jones with all the optional upgrades and his batting just oozes class right now.
Hmm not convinced at all yet. Firstly, because his OD form hasn't been that bad for the past few years, so what was seen in this series shouldn't really suprise people very much (as it turns out he only a good series anyway, it wasn't great by any means). Secondly, he has shown glimpses of top form for ages now, but he still manages to get out in tests. It's come to the point for me where until he actually manages to score a lot of runs in a series, I'm gonna be taking whatever good form he seems to display with a few grains of salt.

Last edited:

Spikey

Jumping the gun a bit putting Siddle behind both Copeland and Pattinson? I doubt the selectors see it that way.

**** the selectors it's all clarke now babeh and he surely doesn't want to be faced with the choice of either siddle or mj opening the attack and the other being the 3rd seamer

Spark

Global Moderator
*cringe*

Clarke's form looks decent, Ponting's looks OK. Good signs I guess. We don't have to worry about Malinga any more.

adub

International Captain
**** the selectors it's all clarke now babeh and he surely doesn't want to be faced with the choice of either siddle or mj opening the attack and the other being the 3rd seamer
Exactly. He has no one to blame but himself now if he sticks with Siddle and MJ and they let him down. He's been given the keys to the castle, he just has to have the cojones to take possession.

Ruckus

International Captain
*cringe*

Clarke's form looks decent, Ponting's looks OK. Good signs I guess. We don't have to worry about Malinga any more.
Was very impressed with Clarke. The difference between how Clarke and Ponting look imo is that Clarke seems very comfortable with his own game. While Ponting is definately playing some nicely timed, and elegant, shots, he still seems somewhat uncertain in his shot selection. I think it is very important in the test series that he starts of well and gets a big score first up to boost his confidence, because until he has that self-belief again I don't think he will ever be back to the way he was.

On Pattinson, he looked quite impressive, but I think he definately needs more work yet before playing test cricket. The main problem is that he seems a bit wayward, and I don't think that's what the team needs atm.

Last edited: