• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I find it incredible that Clarke won't bowl Smith at all.
Comm (Moody?) just making exactly the same point. Odd, tbh.

Oz looking very impressive today, I have to say. Bit worrying their best two seamers aren't in the test squad. Lee is a given, but DtR looks diff animal to the tubby, lame carthorse he resembled in the Ashes.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
remember when we said hauritz was injured and so were doherty and hussey and then doherty and hussey were playing again before the wc even started

fun times

cameron white also a factor

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
It just marginalises his position in the team even more.
No point in giving a skipper a bowler that he won't bowl. We've seen that with Punter often enough.

Might as well play Marsh as at least that way if they do select him for the test series, he will have had some more match time.

Spark

Global Moderator
No point in giving a skipper a bowler that he won't bowl. We've seen that with Punter often enough.

Might as well play Marsh as at least that way if they do select him for the test series, he will have had some more match time.
I think it's a situational thing, tbh. If it was Mahela/Mathews then Smith would've bowled. Clarke's not been averse to using Smith as a 6th option in the past at all.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Comm (Moody?) just making exactly the same point. Odd, tbh.

Oz looking very impressive today, I have to say. Bit worrying their best two seamers aren't in the test squad. Lee is a given, but DtR looks diff animal to the tubby, lame carthorse he resembled in the Ashes.
I personally wouldn't be suprised if the Australian selectors added Bollinger to the test squad after the ODI series has finished, providing he keeps bowling well and shows his fitness. I'm not actually sure if the selectors are allowed to do that but it wouldn't suprise me if they did.

I'm not sure why Smith is in the team if Clarke isn't going to bowl him. Dussey seems the choice for the 2nd spinner spot so I'm not excactly sure what Smith's role is. I know Smith is a brillant fielder and an energetic player but he's wasting a spot at the moment.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I personally wouldn't be suprised if the Australian selectors added Bollinger to the test squad after the ODI series has finished, providing he keeps bowling well and shows his fitness. I'm not actually sure if the selectors are allowed to do that but it wouldn't suprise me if they did.

We've already picked one seamer too many - perhaps as cover for MJ being **** but still. Dougeh's only getting in if injury hits

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
I think it's a situational thing, tbh. If it was Mahela/Mathews then Smith would've bowled. Clarke's not been averse to using Smith as a 6th option in the past at all.
He's twice used Dussey before him. Smth's bowling or batting isn't good enough yet for him to be hanging around for the sake of his fielding.