• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
I love how Clarke is saying he is expecting a tough series. No ****. We couldn't beat SL in Australia last year, so we really don't have much of a chance in SL. We need some guys to really step up, I just can't see it happening but will be happy to be proved wrong.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
7pm iirc.

as for the team i want...well i don't actually know. I want Pattinson playing and would like Dougeh too but I'd say neither of that will happen. Only one of Smith/Dussey please.

Burgey

So good to get away from this one-sided rubbish Test series in England and get into some real cricket - ODIs.

pup11

International Coach
My Aussie XI would be...

#Watson
#Haddin
#Ponting
#Clarke
#Mussey
#Dussey
#Johnson
#Smith
#Lee
#X
#Dougeh

Picking Johnson in the team more for his batting than his bowling and its the opposite with Smith. Leaving out Hastings is probably harsh given how well he bowled the other day but the game is likely to be played on a tired wicket so its kind of important to have more spin options in the side.

Anyways not very optimistic about our chances today especially if we have to chase on that surface which would probably be even more slower and lower after two T20 games, guys like Ponting, Clarke, Hussey and Dougeh are coming back after a long break so I guess we might see a rusty outfit out there today.

Spikey

SL win toss bat first

SR Watson
BJ Haddin†
RT Ponting
MJ Clarke*
MEK Hussey
DJ Hussey
SPD Smith
MG Johnson
B Lee
XJ Doherty
DE Bollinger

would have played hastings over lee and marsh over dussey - not because i think marsh is any better but just so we know whether marsh will be an option for the tests - but fairly acceptable