• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
The Srilankan spinners are far better in Srilanka than they are anywhere else,IMO.

And i would imagine they would prepare the tracks to suit them and their batting strength against Spin.

Woodster

International Captain
Personally expect Harris, on the proviso he's fully fit, to be the main threat for the Aussies. Rate the guy, expect he'll get a bit of reverse swing out in SL at decent pace. It's a brave man to predict how Johnson will go, and not too sure Siddle's going to be able to adapt his usual lengths and be effective enough against the likes of Sanga, Mahela and Dilshan.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Personally expect Harris, on the proviso he's fully fit, to be the main threat for the Aussies. Rate the guy, expect he'll get a bit of reverse swing out in SL at decent pace. It's a brave man to predict how Johnson will go, and not too sure Siddle's going to be able to adapt his usual lengths and be effective enough against the likes of Sanga, Mahela and Dilshan.
About the only thing you can be sure of is that Siddle and Johnson won't bowl well on the same day.

I hope that is a monster jinx.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Srilankan spinners are far better in Srilanka than they are anywhere else,IMO.

And i would imagine they would prepare the tracks to suit them and their batting strength against Spin.
Long hops are still long hops irrespective of which country they are bowled in

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty bullish about us in the T20s. Principally because it's the format which requires the least concentration.

Spark

Global Moderator
Quality thread btw peeps. Read through it just now, some high grade discussion in here.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Looking forward to the game starting in two hours. Finch and Warner to open is an exciting prospect given recent form together.

Howe_zat

Audio File
It'll be Watson to open, surely?

I'd play both Finch and Marsh lower down, but I suspect one of them will be left out for Smith.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Looking forward to the game starting in two hours. Finch and Warner to open is an exciting prospect given recent form together.
I think that Watson will partner Warner up the top.

Finch and Marsh might be fighting for one spot with Hastings and Pattinson fighting for the other spot.

Personally, I would be picking all 3 of Finch, Marsh and Hastings and leaving out Pattinson and Smith.

chalky

International Debutant
Just saw in the TV guide that this series is being shown on Eurosport 2 in the UK hadn't seen any publicity before today.