• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India : What next??

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
but, less seriously, why don't india consider going in to the edgbaston test with 4 seamers? assuming, of course, that khan regains fitness. singh is woeful.
Agree with this. They have Sehwag, Yuvraj and even Raina who can cover up in the spin department if needed. Heck, they would probably do better than Harbhajan.

scorpio1990

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
After watching that liquor ad starring harbhajan doing the rounds on tv, one has to agree that Indian team did make it LARGE......defeat by 196 to 319 runs.
By the way, I believe that India should opt for Mishra as a spinning option.Going with half choices can be more harmful to our prospect in the next match.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
but, less seriously, why don't india consider going in to the edgbaston test with 4 seamers? assuming, of course, that khan regains fitness. singh is woeful.
awta. Harbhjan is bowling terrible. I just remembered his interview on his 400th wicket where he was saying I should take 800 wickets or something, I don't know about 800 wickets but I think he will be smacked for 800 runs in this series.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Zaheer being injured isn't unlucky; it's something that happens all the time. It's a persistent problem that's always relevant to the strength of India across a series. Losing Sehwag and Gambhir was pretty unlucky as it's rare for them to miss Test matches, but saying "if we had Zaheer we would have played better" would be a bit like England saying that Morgan wasn't a crap Test batsman he would've scored a lot more runs.
He has played 17 matches out of 24 since 2009 tbf and out of those 6 have been the Srilanka and West Indies tours where he was completely kept out to recover from niggles.

Has played every home test barring one against NZ and has really only missed the SA series first test on a tour where he actually went. His injury record is not as bad as some make out.

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
awta. Harbhjan is bowling terrible. I just remembered his interview on his 400th wicket where he was saying i should take 800 wickets or something, i don't know about 800 wickets but i think he will be smacked for 800 runs in this series.
600*

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
He has played 17 matches out of 24 since 2009 tbf and out of those 6 have been the Srilanka and West Indies tours where he was completely kept out to recover from niggles.

Has played every home test and has really only missed the SA series first test on a tour where he actually went. His injury record is not as bad as some make out.
Yea, he has not really missed that many games.
If he had missed half, india would not have been anywhere near No.1

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

Has played every home test except one against NZ and has really only missed the SA series first test on a tour where he actually went. His injury record is not as bad as some make out.
To add to this Gautam Gambhir has only played 17 matches since 2009 too, and has a way worse in series record of injury actually and was only completely out for the WI tour. But since ZAK'S presence is felt more his loss is remembered more.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Has played every home test and has really only missed the SA series first test on a tour where he actually went. His injury record is not as bad as some make out.
Would you have backed him to play every match in this series?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Would you have backed him to play every match in this series?
No.
But wouldn't have expected him to break down mid match(and that too in the first session) and miss 2 matches. At most probably miss one match from the start with a niggle or something.For example he played the whole of the NZ tour and has only missed 1 test at home for 2 and half years.
Actually have a bet to this effect going on with Athlai too to show:p

Was responding to claims he is injured half the time ftr.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
To add to this Gautam Gambhir has only played 17 matches since 2009 too, and has a way worse in series record of injury actually and was only completely out for the WI tour. But since ZAK'S presence is felt more his loss is remembered more.
The knock on Gambhir though is that he is soft isnt it? So that stat makes sense. It has been insinuated by both sides that he probably could and probably should have played in the last Test.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Let me understand this. Zaheer was kept out of two test series in their entirety to recover from niggles so he can play in other tests and he isn't injury prone? Interesting

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Nobody said he wasn't injury prone. Just not as much as some were making him out to be.

Sachin,Sreesanth were out of the West indies tour too.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Nobody said he wasn't injury prone. Just not as much as some were making him out to be.

Wouldn't a player be quite injury prone if he needs to be rested so he can play at other times?

Sreesanth looks in horrible shape. Pretty funny to watch him field though. Lay down the donuts old mate.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

I remember just before the World Cup one or two of your countrymen expressing the fear that an IPL campaign on the back of a World Cup would put Zaheer at severe risk of missing the England series.

Lo and behold, Zaheer gets injured in the IPL, misses the West Indies series and rocks up in England barely fit and breaks down in the First Test.

When you can pretty much predict that a player is going to get injured, that indicates how unfit he is.

smash84

The Tiger King
When you can pretty much predict that a player is going to get injured, that indicates how unfit he is.
Well said........

lol @ centurymaker........why has he suddenly become such a big detractor of the indian team? I used to think he was one of those jingoistic indian fans. Boy, was I wrong :laugh:

tooextracool

International Coach
Genuine question, Do India have enough A tours abroad? Its almost unacceptable that some players like Raina and Rohit Sharma who have been around the circuit for a while now are *that* bad against the short ball. I'm having a look at Raina's list of FC games, and it turns out that he hadnt played a single game for the A team outside of India before his test debut. This is a genuine problem. If you look at someone like Trott or Prior, they'd played a handful of games for the Lions abroad well before they'd been drafted into the test squad for the first time.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
They had a A tour of England and Scotland last year.

Pujara absolutely decimated on that tour, while Mukund and Rahane did well. Unadkat was the pick of the bowlers.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Genuine question, Do India have enough A tours abroad? Its almost unacceptable that some players like Raina and Rohit Sharma who have been around the circuit for a while now are *that* bad against the short ball. I'm having a look at Raina's list of FC games, and it turns out that he hadnt played a single game for the A team outside of India before his test debut. This is a genuine problem. If you look at someone like Trott or Prior, they'd played a handful of games for the Lions abroad well before they'd been drafted into the test squad for the first time.
From what I remember, Raina and Rohit came into the team on the basis of good showing as Under-19 players. And hence, did not have many 'A' tours. IMO, a player should be considered for the Indian test team only after having atleast one or two successful 'A' tours abroad.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Rohit, Kohli,Yuvraj and Raina are mostly playing ODI's/T20's all around, so really can't go on a long FC, India A tour in anycase.