• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour Matches

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Hundred for the man with the fake West Country accent.

Would be good to see Trego getting a hundred too

Anku31

U19 Vice-Captain
Either there is something seriously wrong with India or they are just making fun out of a tour match.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They are just trying to outdo their efforts at the Centurion last year. Was a tough ask, but it looks like they have accomplished it. :happy:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sorry for being dim buy why haven't they been played in this sole warm up game?
Well they all played all the Tests in the West Indies (most of the team selected in this match did not) so I assume it's to avoid burnout and injury. I don't think it's the right call, personally, but they didn't play anything like a full-strength team for this'n.

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's not quite full strength but not far off. Of those who were guaranteed a spot in the first Test, only Laxman and Dhoni are missing.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's not quite full strength but not far off. Of those who were guaranteed a spot in the first Test, only Laxman and Dhoni are missing.
Harbhajan and Sharma were always absolutely certain to play IMO.

I'll look at it the other way and say that they've basically played as few first choice players as possible, with the exception of Zaheer playing ahead of Praveen.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Only a marginally worse side than the one that played the series in the Caribbean, really.

Laxman, Dhoni, Harby & Ishant miss out but Zaheer and Sachin were back.