• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour Matches

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We just need to remember that Strauss batting himself into form doesn't count as Zaheer isn't bowling. Oops he was wicketless first dig.
Our attack is famous for getting out of form batsmen back into form. We're a magnanimous lot, that way.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Raina's a bit of a fighter, isn't he? Absolutely nothing to do with the reasons I rated him last year, but he's started to make me glad I did.

Anyway, what's happened to Hildreth? Start of the season he was neck and neck with Taylor for a spot. Seems a long way behind now.

In regard to the match, come on Straussy baby. (Just tonked a six! Crikey.)

In regard to the score, lols.

Last edited:

vcs

It's never satisfactory starting a Test tour in unfamiliar conditions without more than a single warm up game. Who's to blame? India now have to decide whether to stick with this lot (lolYuvraj) or whether to draft in others. The only upside has been Raina.

England showed last winter how important a good build up can be. You want your players to have plenty of time to get acclimatised; you want them in form; you want them winning; you want them fit. India have concerns on all those fronts.
No other tour in world cricket allows the same buildup and preparation as the Ashes. England probably wouldn't play more than one warmup game before a Test series in India either. In this day and age, one warmup game is all we're ever going to get (if that) and we might as well be pleased with it.

Last edited:

Borges

International Regular
Raina (for number six) and Munaf (for the third seamer's spot) seem to have staked their claims fairy emphatically. Other than that, it has been pretty dismal all round. (Basing this on the score card; haven't watched any of it.)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Raina (for number six) and Munaf (for the third seamer's spot) seem to have staked their claims fairy emphatically. Other than that, it has been pretty dismal all round. (Basing this on the score card; haven't watched any of it.)
Lolmunaf

Borges

International Regular
No other tour in world cricket allows the same buildup and preparation as the Ashes. England probably wouldn't play more than one warmup game before a Test series in India either. In this day and age, one warmup game is all we're ever going to get (if that) and we might as well be pleased with it.
Usually they play two warm up games. In terms of planning for a tour, I think England are the best team - they are far ahead of every one else. Even for the ODI tour to India, they have two warm ups in the itinerary.

vcs

This is disastrous. 4, 6, 6, 6, 6. :laugh: Mishra. I guess the English batsmen have learnt how to play legspin.

Anku31

U19 Vice-Captain
Trego is absolutely murdering Mishra.Now this is something out of this world.What's going on here!!

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe - but it's not a good reflection on how cricket is currently being run

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Well they made that decision before the game had even started, I reckon. Regardless of how this match went, they were always going to play Dhoni, Laxman, Harbhajan and Sharma in the first Test.
Sorry for being dim buy why haven't they been played in this sole warm up game?