• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour Matches

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
558 runs scored before the first 10 wickets fall in the match. Honestly, producing roads like this can't be in the long-term interests of the game, since there will only be time for a result against seriously deficient opposition

Anku31

U19 Vice-Captain
Mishra gone.Falls 194 short of what could have been the most hilarious double century of all times.
Willoughby gets 5.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
So we have got the customary batting collapse in first inning of a tour out of our way. Look at the bright side :cool:

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Suppiah averages 39.73 for the season and has scored 145 not out. With a bit of data extrapolation (based of the players season FC average), this is how the England top order should do in an innings. To counter for the return of Indian players and a different pitch, I've assumed that any further score by Suppiah will not count. As such the Engand players should score:

Cook - 207
Strauss - 144
Trott - 146
KP - 155
Bell - 357
Morgan - 266
Prior - 169

Personally I look forward to seeing England at 1444/7 at Lords.

Also, I would have just done test statistics, but then Ian Bell would be scoring 1204 runs in the innings which I think might be a shade unrealistic.
Willoughby averages 36.76 for the season and has 5-50 (average 10). With a bit of data extrapolation (based of the players season FC average), this is how the England bowlers should average during the series. To counter for the return of Indian players and a different pitch, I've assumed that any further wickets by Willoughby will not count. As such the Engand players should average:

Anderson - 8.34
Tremlett - 8.51
Swann - 7.74
Broad - 11.08
Bresnan - 6.10
Finn - 6.50
Woakes - 5.37

Personally I look forward to seeing India's batsmen collectively average 8 for the series.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Willoughby averages 36.76 for the season and has 5-50 (average 10). With a bit of data extrapolation (based of the players season FC average), this is how the England bowlers should average during the series. To counter for the return of Indian players and a different pitch, I've assumed that any further wickets by Willoughby will not count. As such the England players should average:

Anderson - 8.34
Tremlett - 8.51
Swann - 7.74
Broad - 11.08
Bresnan - 6.10
Finn - 6.50
Woakes - 5.37

Personally I look forward to seeing India's batsmen collectively average 8 for the series.
It's more or less impossible to argue with this.

Vroomfondel

U19 12th Man
This is tragically similar to India's start in South Africa last year (except India batted first). They were absolutely hammered on days 1 & 2, and I remember the SA crew (Kepler Wessels etc) agonizing for hours over whether this series was going to be 2-0 or 3-0 to SA. When India eventually capitulated to an innings defeat, the discussion went so far as to discuss what SA needs to do to retain its (future) No. 1 ranking.

It was claimed that Supersport park was by far the best chance for India to make a dent in the South African home record, given that India would have absolutely no chance at Durban or Capetown.

The backpedaling that occurred after the second test at Durban was quite a sight. Wessels himself led the charge. Backwards. By the time India had SA at 90/5 in the 2nd dig at Cape town, I was looking forward to what the commentators had to say next. Thankfully for all concerned, the SA tail swatted themselves to safety and Armageddon was averted.

Now it is claimed that Lords is by far the gentlest of introductions to the English summer for the brittle Indian lineup. I have very little doubt that India will be smashed here. Long may this cycle repeat.

The real question is, how good is India without the aid of the opposition's hubris?

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
first test in WI: won by just 50 or so runs after a low 1st innings score.
first test in SA: lost by an innings
first test against nz: harbhajan helped salvaged a draw after a 2nd innings collapse
first test against aus: won by just 1 wicket
first test in SL: lost by 10 wickets
first test against SA: lost by an innings
first test in Bangl: won by just 100 or so runs after a 1st innings collapse
first test against SL: salvaged a draw after poor performance in both the 1st innings

first test in Eng: lost by .......
I won't change my prediction

england should win at lords regardless of the pitch.

FBU

International Debutant
The Mail
Somerset refused India coach Duncan Fletcher’s request to have a 13-a-side game to allow the touring party more practice — and also rebuffed his request for the toss to be scrapped so his side could bat first and find form.

I am glad that Flower isn't a fan of 12/13/14 a side warm up games.