• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Offseason 2011

brockley

International Captain
The Darwin season kicked off,lots of interstate players playing see NT times.

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I found this last paragraph most interesting.

While Clark faces a number of options next year, The Australian has learned that fielding coach Mike Young does not.

The former baseballer has worked with the Test team since 2000 but has not had his contract renewed. He is one of the first to lose his position under a review being conducted into the state of Australian cricket
.”

I understand Mike Young has had limited involvement with the Australian team over recent seasons, but he is the last coach I would want sacked. I hope Cricket Australia have a replacement in mind.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Young has been with the team for a long time now, must be around ten years. I think he's fantastic, but there is also a bit of a shelf life for these guys. I'll be interested to see what they do now though, whether they go with another person with a baseball background, or a cricketer.

Jayzamann

International Regular
So glad. I was really uneasy about this vote considering the media's propensity to give equal exposure to both points of view regardless of how many people share those views. After all, such a majority vote is quite significant.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
I found this last paragraph most interesting.

While Clark faces a number of options next year, The Australian has learned that fielding coach Mike Young does not.

The former baseballer has worked with the Test team since 2000 but has not had his contract renewed. He is one of the first to lose his position under a review being conducted into the state of Australian cricket
.”

I understand Mike Young has had limited involvement with the Australian team over recent seasons, but he is the last coach I would want sacked. I hope Cricket Australia have a replacement in mind.
It's typical of CA's tiddlywinks approach that Mike Young is being given the boot first.

Considering that he wasn't even present at some of the matches during the Ashes, he is hardly first or even fifth in the firing line. The panel will probably get rid of some of the cleaning staff at CA next with all due fanfare in the press.

Howe_zat

Audio File
From cricketwithballs:

Australian Cricket is Saved

The Australian has reported that Mike Young, Australian fielding coach, has been let go.

Well, that’s it then.

Australian cricket has done exactly what it needed to do, get rid of the one man who was holding them all back.

I was worried that they might keep Young, and that fielding would be the major problem.

Now with him gone their selection, administration, coaching, batting and bowling can be unshackled by this American man.

In fact, my Nan always said Americans were out to get Australians.

I always thought she was mental, but Les D’Arcy and Phar Lap deaths always seemed dodgy, now we can add Mike Young and his fielding coaching sabotage to that.

Americans have tried to bring down Australian cricket, but with the sacking of Mike Young Australia will rise to the top with sharp slip catching and relay throws from hell.

You don’t have to fear Mike anymore, boys, soft hands from here on in.

brockley

International Captain
New Redbacks coach Darren Berry has signalled an intent to scour grade ranks for talent next season and reward impressive performances as his side attempts to avoid another Sheffield Shield wooden spoon.

Nobes agrees the focus must be on producing home grown talent again.
Adelaide advertiser.

brockley

International Captain
A 20/20 tournament in malaysia oz academy play against a saffie,pakistan and bangla side dunno who they will send,.
The emerging tournament will be announced nw week who playing and the structure,check crick aussie site, it is around august,teams yet announced.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The more I read, the more I'm convinced that the NEW! EXPANDED! Big Bash is the most monumentally stupid idea I've ever seen.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
It's good to see that CA are already rolling out the excuses for why the Big Bash won't succeed

I stick a fork in my eye every time I see cricket, franchise and 20/20 in the same sentence these days

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
It's good to see that CA are already rolling out the excuses for why the Big Bash won't succeed

I stick a fork in my eye every time I see cricket, franchise and 20/20 in the same sentence these days
I am wondering what they will try next. Perhaps in each Shield Match, each team gets a certain number of overs say 100 to bat? Then they swap around?