• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Offseason 2011

Spark

Global Moderator
Lol. But they'd look like deadset morons if a Test tour was on the line because they couldn't work out salaries. I would hope they realise that.

brockley

International Captain
Aw thats right its august.
Yeh this player revolt could go on for ages.
last one dayer against the windies tongiht,go patterson.

brockley

International Captain
From sponsorship and tv rights alone cricket australia will make money,a bonus will be crowds,newbies will come (families),holiday period and young people and women like 20/20.
Crowds maybe down,but their will be a profit,will take time for the new format to become established.
Cricket australia need overseas players (especially indians tv rights) and new players to emerge.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
dilemma? what's the dilemma? you ****ing pick hauritz and tell O'Keefe he's next in line. it's simple as ffs.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Average article IMO. Throws some random quotes into an article and simply states the obvious.

It remains a joke that Nathan Hauritz isn't first choice Test spinner. Hauritz has always bowled at his best when he feels assured of a spot. If they make the correct selection move and select him for the squad again, past history suggests he will take a number of Tests to settle in. Without doubt after one bad Test he will be chopped for 'insert random spinner' and the stupid cycle will continue.

Spark

Global Moderator
Agreed. Just pick him, say "you're our choice spinner for the rest of the summer" and be done.

Cracket

Cricket Spectator
From sponsorship and tv rights alone cricket australia will make money,a bonus will be crowds,newbies will come (families),holiday period and young people and women like 20/20.
Crowds maybe down,but their will be a profit,will take time for the new format to become established.
Cricket australia need overseas players (especially indians tv rights) and new players to emerge.
They really should market Big Bash at ESPN in USA. ESPN3.com shows Caribbean T20 and AFL. Also IPL style-online streaming because anyone if the world can watch then.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

haha, usual stuff from Chappell. Big worry is that Clarke speaks in similar platitudes. Get the feeling he's just going along with what Chappell's saying because he's a legend.

Rather than working with what they have, the selectors seem to still be hunting for the next gun spinner. Good luck with that considering it took so long for Warnie to come along. Personally, I dunno what Rowdy Mallett is up to these days but I'd be trying my hardest to lure him into the Aussie set-up.

brockley

International Captain
The big bash opportunity is huge will make huge money from sponsors and tv rights,i'd say big bash is second to ipl in interest,i think each side will have 2/3 overseas players.
The new salary cap thingy + plus transfer list ensues even range of talent,plus we will see some of the best around in grade too,which there is plenty in melbourne and sydney.
I'd say we will be on the us plus others,our package of one dayers,big bash and pura cup final is shown in india,but the package will be expanded.
I expect some indians who are good in ipl to be signed like valhunty,as cricket australia seems bent over backwards to get indians in the comp.
Its a good package.
But may get lesser support back home,as i said families will not worry about change in names,they will take their kiddies,not as many crowd as last season but expect interest.
Once the comp settled 2nd and 3rd year the fairthful will come back.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
That is a very utopian view Brockley.

Almost no positive signs regarding this new competition have been coming from Cricket Australia. It appears no business plan is in place whatsoever, and with nine months until the competition begins we know little details other than team names.

Spikey

i don't have a problem with the reforms but they're clearly moving at too fast of a pace (or too slow. take yr pick really) and should have def. waited until the season after next.

Top_Cat

haha, 'interesting' article. Can tell you from speaking to Les a few weeks back, he's an absolute proponent of drop-ins. The feel/character guff is only toff members worried about their property values being dulled by the influx of bogans going to AFL games in the city. It's got nothing to do with preserving history for the majority.

Would say I wish I was a member but I don't think I could afford the mandatory full-frontal lobotomy.

brockley

International Captain
Well no except its called sheffield shield now,and start in late october goes to late march,with 10 rounds.
Ryobi cup is now 8 rounds tho,2 less.