• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 3 - New Zealand v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flem274*

123/5
220 is one of those targets. We have a chance, but while South Africa get hauled over hot coals with the stereotypical choking tag, just quietly we're just as bad. We're only saved because choking goes against all the stereotypes applied to us.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
They basically batted at 2-3rpo for 4-5 overs to make sure they had enough wickets in hand and two set batsman all because of a piddly 5 over PP. Mindboggling. No, mindblasting.
I think thats the issue in that the 5-over powerplay, whilst beneficial if used well, dominates too much in the overall scheme of things. It certainly was of no benefit of us today despite a large chunch of the middle overs played relatively defensively based around those five overs. In saying that, we'd probably be equally as frustrated had it been employed around the 30th over and it resulting in a mini-collapse (which I guess happened anyway but you see the point).

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
They're about 30 short imo, 220 is a decent score in a QF but with New Zealand really only having Southee and Vettori as genuine wicket taking options South Africa should do it.
This x1000.
If Southee doesn't break through early, all SA have to do is milk everybody else and they should canter home.

Was disappointed to see the side. The Woodcock selection is pretty bizarre too.
At least Tuffey would have the old "1st over wicket" thing going for him.

Ohhh, 3 spinners. SA and SL win with 3 spinner. Must be good idea. lolz
Quality over quantity plz.

Oh, and dear commentators. Can you please stop talking the same old "NZ has a couple of stars, and a bunch of average players who make the most of their given talent" drivel. I'm sure I've got the gist of it after 15 years of it being shoveled down my throat. kthxbye

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
First time RSA hasn't bowled out their opponents in this WC tbf. Still, should walk it.

Flem274*

123/5
Woodcock is a better selection than Tuffey.

And you know I must believe it if I'm complimenting a Wellingtonian. I feel dirty.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
This x1000.
If Southee doesn't break through early, all SA have to do is milk everybody else and they should canter home.

Was disappointed to see the side. The Woodcock selection is pretty bizarre too.
At least Tuffey would have they old "1st over wicket" thing going for him.

Ohhh, 3 spinners. SA and SL win with 3 spinner. Must be good idea. lolz
Quality over quantity plz.
Woodcock to get a fiver.

Tux, keeps 'im full of life! Fit as a fiddle, sharp as a knife!

R_D

International Debutant
220 is one of those targets. We have a chance, but while South Africa get hauled over hot coals with the stereotypical choking tag, just quietly we're just as bad. We're only saved because choking goes against all the stereotypes applied to us.
no disrespect to NZ cricket but some of the South African teams have been much more talented the NZ teams and South African's have managed to lose from winning position on many occasion.. hence why they have the C tag.

Haven't seen that from NZ team at big stage.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh:
That ad has made a very welcome return.
It certainly makes a welcome change from the endless images of spermoid Pat Ryder and the knowing looks of 50+ models going in for a nice sensual hug with their silver-fox hubbies.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nathan McCullum with some work to do to redeem himself after his horrendous 6 (18) earlier.

And he hasn't started well.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Snort, you think McCullum should be opening, I hardly think your opinion is worth paying attention to.
Only because there is nobody else.

I repeat. Woodcock will not get a 5fer! Never, ever, ever going to happen
Pigs might fly. Howsie might even champion someone from outside ND

:p

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
no disrespect to NZ cricket but some of the South African teams have been much more talented the NZ teams and South African's have managed to lose from winning position on many occasion.. hence why they have the C tag.

Haven't seen that from NZ team at big stage.
Talk about feeding the stereotypes...

And hey look, SA think this is easy. ****ing useless batsmen in subcontinent conditions. The 2015 WC will be a relief purely for the homely conditions.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

Pigs might fly. Howsie might even champion someone from outside NZ

That's what Flem said about Martin! You just wait!

Flem274*

123/5

Pigs might fly. Howsie might even champion someone from outside Northern Districts

fix'd

Hey look, an appeal. Wonder if we'll be robbed this time?:laugh: