• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I'm guessing that Younis, Misbah, Gul, Afridi, Ghambir, Sehwag, Tendulkar, Yuvraj and Dhoni will up their performance for the semis. Did I miss anyone else who normally plays better when it's India V.S. Pakistan.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Think I have joined the dark side. I am a Ponting fan after today. Someone please shoot me.
How awesome was witnessing his grit and determination.

Should show that knock to youngsters and explain the background/context.

Truly tremendous.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
How awesome was witnessing his grit and determination.

Should show that knock to youngsters and explain the background/context.

Truly tremendous.
Agreed.

Reminded me of Sachin's 241 in sydney in many ways.

Special Knock.

smash84

The Tiger King
Kamran Khatmal?
as much as I hate Khatmal I would have to agree with you here.........he was the architect of one of the most sensational test series wins of the last decade.........a not so good Pakistan side against a superb indian line-up haha..........

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Though to add to that did not really get why Australia were only aiming at 250 to 270 odd from the start.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will be sooo pissed if Khatmal catches some blinders and plays a top knock against us.

smash84

The Tiger King
Khatmal can't keep in normal matches..........his hands musts be quaking inside the gloves all the time in the semi-final against India..........Khatmal looking set to ruin it for us

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The guy is talented so it could happen. I think he just completely loses the plot in some matches. If he is confident, he is a very dangerous player.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Superb win, pre tournament favourites versus the holders. Would have been a great final.

India will go all the way now. India, Aus, and SL are the strongest teams. Don't see Pak doing much in Semi Final despite good bowling attack.
Agreed this match was worthy of the final the Aussie coach said it pretty much was the final! we are taking it all the way for that!

Shri

Mr. Glass
This just in: Akmal has been participating in 'Just for Laughs - Gags' for the past couple of years.

Borges

International Regular
Not really criticizing him, you expect batsmen to grit runs out even when they aren't in touch and he did that. Tendulkar has done that plenty, as have all great batsmen. The rest of the middle-order batsmen should have done better, mainly Clarke, Mussey and White. Just saying it was one of his less memorable hundreds.
It was not among the better of Ponting's innings in terms of pure cricketing quality. A good innings by his standards would have been a sublime innings. But because of the context in which it was played, this innings of his could perhaps turn out to be one that is remembered very vividly and for a very long time. I'll certainly remember it, just as I will remember several of his great knocks.

Shri

Mr. Glass
After seeing today's game, I don't care if we do not win the WC. We put up a great game of cricket and I don't see the final being better than this game.