• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah where did he get criticized...........it was a great knock under pressure just that it didn't look very fluent

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been busy so not seen any of this, proper that a great player comes good when needed. Well done Mr Ponting.

Not sure if this sort of total will be enough, depends on getting early wickets i guess.

At least this is a better game than yesterday no matter what happens.

Spark

Global Moderator
Hopefully that mystical "Ponting effect" whereby him doing well leads to us doing well comes into play.

_Ed_

Not sure how anyone can say an innings isn't fluent and claim that's not criticism.

Somerset Chops

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I knew it was only a matter of time before Ponting came good again , hes to good a player not to.

This match is going to go down to the wire with the Indians crumbling under the pressure at the end.

Burgey

Lee up to 147 already. So good to watch Sehwag vs quicks.

Ooh don't like this. No hot spot.

****, looks like he hit it.... Maybe? Tough one. No seam deflection, but looked like the ball moved. Ah well, c'est la vie.

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
260 sets up the match nicely.It should be a classic old school ODI match where 260 was both defendable and not so defendable.This is what makes ODI cricket so great TBH,not those ridiculous 300 plus scores in every other game,which we have not had so often in this tournament thankfully.

Very hard to pick a winner,though my gut feeling is that India will sneak in with a wicket or two to spare in the last few overs.Should be a great match though.Lee vs Sachin will be epic.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Lee up to 147 already. So good to watch Sehwag vs quicks.

Ooh don't like this. No hot spot.

****, looks lie Ed hit it.... Maybe?
I think he's hit it.

However, if I was the 3rd umpire, I don't think I could give it. You can't give it out because you think he's hit it, and without hotspot, I don't think you can overturn the decision.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure how anyone can say an innings isn't fluent and claim that's not criticism.
You could argue that it's a compliment.

You could also argue that this was an even more impressive knock than his hundred in the 2003 final. More challenging conditions, less ATGs in the batting lineup so more pressure on him to perform, etc.

All credit to the guy. If it is his final international innings, what a wonderful way to go. That being said, I fancy Aus from here.

Dissector

International Debutant
For the future I think India needs to firmly abandon the policy of picking very average bowlers who contribute nothing with the bat or in the field. RP Singh. Nehra. Munaf. Might as well pick an all rounder. Irfan Pathan for example. I doubt he would have been worse with the ball than Munaf and he contributes much more elsewhere.

And we really missed out by picking Ashwin so late. I think we would have beaten SA and topped the group if he had been picked instead of Nehra.

Oh well. I am not optimistic but we still have half a chance especially if Tait and Johnson spray the ball around under pressure.