• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smash84

The Tiger King
seems below par to me..........the pitch didn't look that difficult tbh.....Aussies couldn't manage a lot of boundaries

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Hard to know what par is considering how different the respective attacks are. I think we're probably 10-15 runs below myself, but it's hard to know without seeing what this pitch will do for Johnson, Tait & co.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting... not watching because I'm at work, but that doesn't seem like a particularly good total. How good is it, from those of you watching?
Pretty decent tbh. Wicket isn't horrible but everyone who came in started slowly, like the pace is hard to pick up*

*Cue Sehwag 41(18)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
India should have played Chawla instead of Munaf today and gone with a all out spin attack.

Except for that don't think you could fault any other bowlers,the captaincy or the fielding which was very good today.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
If we lose it will be because the pace bowlers were expensive. But, i'll wake up and see in 6 hours....

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty decent tbh. Wicket isn't horrible but everyone who came in started slowly, like the pace is hard to pick up*

*Cue Sehwag 41(18)
Need Watto on to get Sehwag early IMO. I just get a feeling he's the best to him. I seem to remember him having Sehwag in some trouble and getting him out when opening the bowling in the IPL.

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's a competitive total.

Early wickets, or the lack thereof, is the key for both sides.
That you, Ravi? :p

20 runs below par for mine. Chasing suits India and they have enough batting to get them over the line. With people like Sehwag, Yuvraj and Dhoni It's just not quite enough for run rate to be an issue, Australia will have to bowl them out.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I honestly think 260 is a good to very good total. Doesn't necessarily mean Australia will win, since they have by far the worst spin attack of any country in the WC and this suits slow bowling, but even so I think Australia are slight favourites. Not an easy pitch to bat on at all. Perfectly poised for a great game anyway.

Burgey

Pretty confident we should chase this there is a bit of turn there, but Aus dont really have a quality spinner to exploit it.

Lee of course is someone we need to see off and play sensibly but Johnson and Tait while always dangerous have the ability to leak runs!

This game is ours to lose!
Krezja to take 5-27

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
India should have played Chawla instead of Munaf today and gone with a all out spin attack.

Except for that don't think you could fault any other bowlers,the captaincy or the fielding which was very good today.
I think they got it right, India don't need to put all their eggs in one basket like Australia have to do with their attack.

Sehwag could kill this game very quickly.

Burgey

Need Watto on to get Sehwag early IMO. I just get a feeling he's the best to him. I seem to remember him having Sehwag in some trouble and getting him out when opening the bowling in the IPL.
Johnson at his ribs tbh... Four from four in the tests there in October.

smash84

The Tiger King
Australia favourites to win it imo. 70-30
wow..........coming from Turbi that is a big statement :)

incidentally I felt that the body language of the Indian team was not as positive as it should have been for the quarter final. My friends also pointed this out here in Pakistan. From the body language it seemed that Aussies had already won the game.

I thought that the indian team looked tense.

Spark

Global Moderator
wow..........coming from Turbi that is a big statement :)

incidentally I felt that the body language of the Indian team was not as positive as it should have been for the quarter final. My friends also pointed this out here in Pakistan. From the body language it seemed that Aussies had already won the game.

I thought that the indian team looked tense.
They didn't "lose it" at the end but they certainly didn't bowl well. From the powerplay onward, Zaheer in particular just lost it somewhat. And Harbhajan's last over was dross, lucky it didn't go for 20.