• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I think they got it right, India don't need to put all their eggs in one basket like Australia have to do with their attack.

Sehwag could kill this game very quickly.
Chawla really could not have done any worse that Munaf.And he has always done well against the Aussies.

And the pitch was spinning as well for Sachin who i though looked threatening in his 2 overs except for the odd full toss.

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
#ponting trending worldwide on twitter. Who would've thought cricket could be one of the most popular things on twitter!

Shri

Mr. Glass
Sehwag to slash a ball straight to backward point after hitting a quick 20. Heard it here first.

smash84

The Tiger King
They didn't "lose it" at the end but they certainly didn't bowl well. From the powerplay onward, Zaheer in particular just lost it somewhat. And Harbhajan's last over was dross, lucky it didn't go for 20.
yeah that is what i meant too. Zaheer bowled well though but i felt that the energy was lacking in the indian team. Something seemed to be weighing down on them. I am not sure if others read that in the match but I certainly felt that way watching the last 10 overs.

Didn't think it was fluent.
me neither

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha, hilarious reading the odd "wtf is ponting" tweet on Twitter.

On the knock - it was as fluent as one could reasonably expect.

Last edited:

irfan

State Captain
Australia in the box seat (65-35). The total may not be massive in today's terms, but don't underestimate two things:
The Australian attack, ever,
India's ineptitude and the weight of pressure chasing in a knockout match.

Australia have about 20-30 runs more than that they require and Lee & Johnson will turn up. Run rate won't be an issue, but wickets will. India a/o for 220 in the 41/42nd over after a top-order collapse

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Think I'd rather be in the Australian dressing room just now.

Not much in it mind, but runs on the board and all that.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ponting... A man so despised he breaks a two year drought with a ton in a must win game and still gets criticised.

Love this place...

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
It wasn't quite fluent, but there regular glimpses of the man at his best, interspersed with some very clever working of the ball between boundaries. He fought hard in tough conditions and under enormous pressure. Was gun as anything he's done.

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Well ,cometh the hour cometh the man. Ponting, should we ever doubt it, rose to the occasion it seems with a three figure score that will put this much celebrated Indian batting line-up under some pressure at least. Not seen any of it unfortunately, the vibes I'm getting from this thread it that it's a decent total but should India come to terms with the pitch a little better, they should knock this off.

Sehwag and Tendulkar crucial at the top you feel.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
While I am confident we will win from here! You have to take your hat off to Punter! I certainly was not writing him off before today and he showed himself to be the class player that we all know he is!

Just hoping for Sachin to go and out do him now :P

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That you, Ravi? :p

20 runs below par for mine. Chasing suits India and they have enough batting to get them over the line. With people like Sehwag, Yuvraj and Dhoni It's just not quite enough for run rate to be an issue, Australia will have to bowl them out.
DWTA.

They've only chased against Ireland and the Netherlands thus far, and IMO looked pretty unconvincing doing so.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Think I'd rather be in the Australian dressing room just now.

Not much in it mind, but runs on the board and all that.
I agree. 260 on the board. Whether it is not enough is easy to say. But Australia have a good score on there. It will depend on a good spell by an Aussie bowler or a partnership by the Indian batsmen. It's the kind of total where momentum will be key. The opening partnership will be make or break I feel.