• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 20 - Sri Lanka v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

salman85

International Debutant
You'd imagine they would put in some reserve days here and there.Are there reserve days for the knockout matches other than the final?I'm guessing there is one for the final.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well, how disappointing was this?

I'm told that if Aus were given the minimum of 20 overs for their chase, they'd be chasing 155, which is almost exactly the average T20 chase. So we can fairly sum up SL's position as "entirely average".

So the match was pretty interestingly poised, which is why it was a shame the rain came down. Could have been a really close one.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
You'd imagine they would put in some reserve days here and there.Are there reserve days for the knockout matches other than the final?I'm guessing there is one for the final.
The rule for the final is that if the match is a complete wash out then the finalists are declared joint champions. I'm sure that will go well with Ricky Ponting if the Aussies win. If I remember correctly he pushed Shared Power off the stage after collecting the trophy in 2007. :laugh:

Woodster

International Captain
I think there is a reserve day for each of the fixtures in the knock-out stage.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The rule for the final is that if the match is a complete wash out then the finalists are declared joint champions. I'm sure that will go well with Ricky Ponting if the Aussies win. If I remember correctly he pushed Shared Power off the stage after collecting the trophy in 2007. :laugh:
haha, I don't think Mr Powar was on the stage at the 07 WC. It was Martyn who pushed him off, so it would have been earlier than the 07 tourney, I think.

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
Champions Trophy 2006. And without wanting to sound like I want to sidetrack the thread, I'd like to point out that Sharad Powar was being an idiot. I'd have done the same if I were Damien Martyn. It was a team photo for heaven's sake.

vcs

Champions Trophy 2006. And without wanting to sound like I want to sidetrack the thread, I'd like to point out that Sharad Powar was being an idiot. I'd have done the same if I were Damien Martyn. It was a team photo for heaven's sake.
Nah, I love Martyn, but what he did there was totally indefensible.

TumTum

Banned
Been very impressed with Smith's bowling lately, he still has a LOT to learn but he has mastered the control aspect of it. Still bowls too flat, doesn't get enough dip, not enough spin and not enough variations. But at least he doesn't bowl pies anymore.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well, how disappointing was this?

I'm told that if Aus were given the minimum of 20 overs for their chase, they'd be chasing 155, which is almost exactly the average T20 chase. So we can fairly sum up SL's position as "entirely average".

So the match was pretty interestingly poised, which is why it was a shame the rain came down. Could have been a really close one.
Watson and Haddin against spinners with Clarke at #4? SL definitely with the upper hand in that case IMO.

Burgey

Watson and Haddin against spinners with Clarke at #4? SL definitely with the upper hand in that case IMO.
Nah. Was just such a delicately poised match. Really a shame. Why couldn't it rain on a Kenya match?

Debris

International 12th Man
Bleh, just realised that it is another week before Australia plays again so they 1/3 of a game in 2 weeks. Pretty sure they could cope with a tougher schedule than that.

pup11

International Coach
I think this was shaping to be the most exciting game of the tournament so far so like everyone else I'm really disappointed.

Was kind of impressed with the way our bowlers bowled in on that dead track and in fact I think had we taken Sanga's wicket soon we could have restricted them to a chaseble target.

Despite the wicket obviously being under-prepared to suit the Lankan spinners the wicket was still on the slower side and I think therefore the Australian batsman would have tackled the Sri Lankan spin threat with relative ease.

Still this N/R doesn't really hurt our chances of topping group A, so all we need to do now is beat Pakistan in our last group game

Spark

Global Moderator
It was very slow. I think while Watson and Haddin may have struggled to rotate the strike, the slowness may have made boundary-scoring still possible. If Ponting and Clarke put together a good partnership I could see a 230-ish chase being doable.

I mean you see the ease with which Sanga - who is not the world's best player of spin - adjust late and cut/drive the ball...