• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 15 - England v Ireland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Howe_zat

Audio File
If I was a glass half full England supporter, I'd be pointing out that my team could fall over the line against the Dutch, tie with India and lose to the Irish (the equivalent of beating the Faroe Islands on penalties, drawing with Portugal and losing to Tonga in football :laugh:) and still be in with a chance of being crowned World Champs!
My theory that England are the new Pakistan looking good.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If I was a glass half full England supporter, I'd be pointing out that my team could fall over the line against the Dutch, tie with India and lose to the Irish (the equivalent of beating the Faroe Islands on penalties, drawing with Portugal and losing to Tonga in football :laugh:) and still be in with a chance of being crowned World Champs!
Hmm. The analogy only holds if the Faroes have Jesus in midfield and Tonga have God up front.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Told my buddies I am throwing a party at my place, plus buying all the alcohol, if Ireland beats England.
:laugh:

Party at my place!! Bet a lot on Ireland tbh, and that's where I'll be getting the money from to buy all the alcohol.

Anyone in the Toronto area is welcome to come. This is frickin' awesome, loving every bit of it.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Must admit the only decent games so far have been the England ones, be a boring comp when we get knocked out early. :laugh:

Jacknife

International Captain
Must admit the only decent games so far have been the England ones, be a boring comp when we get knocked out early. :laugh:
England are the kings of playing to the level of their opponents and in this case lower, if I got 11 mates together, I think England would make a game of it with us.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Will there be enough Guinness in Bangalore?
Will Andy Flower throw an English player with Stuart Broad's hairdryer?
Will Andrew Strauss remember his 34th birthday till the day he dies?
Is this the 2nd greatest upset in World Cup Cricket?
You mirin Kevin O Brien?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Will there be enough Guinness in Bangalore?
Will Andy Flower throw an English player with Stuart Broad's hairdryer?
Will Andrew Strauss remember his 34th birthday till the day he dies?
Is this the 2nd greatest upset in World Cup Cricket?
You mirin Kevin O Brien?
Kevin O'Mirin

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
That's awesome Turb, What odds did you get? how much did you place?
Actually didn't do any official betting this time around. It was more so casual, with a lot of different buddies of mine. Not just the result, but also the margin of victory, toss, highest scorer etc. But the stakes were high. Will have to tally it up.

So it's a win-win situation, technically they're the ones paying for alcohol (indirectly), and I have extra cash at my disposal. :p

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hey looking at bright sides, always glad for the sons of Brian Boru, and I predicted the result:unsure:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Go Ireland!!! Lol England!!! :)

I said it before... It was a good day for England and a bad day for India and still it was only a tie!!! England gotta pick up their socks...

But they could well do a Pakistan of 1992.. I see, a lot of you here are already calling them the new Pakistan.. :p