• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ICC's All time ODI dream XI

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Kaps fielding has gotta play a part in his rating too.. And his fitness.. Hey, if Anderson > Zak coz he can stay fit, what about Kaps, who just about never missed games due to injuries?

Teja.

Global Moderator
Yeah, Speaking for all forms of kallisball, Kapil's awesomeness lies in the fact that he played for a ridiculous amount of years without any significant dip in performance and without missing matches due to injury to a level more effective kallisballers couldn't dream of and also stepping it up and having some beyond-ATG series' with the ball when his team needed it against very strong opposition.

The fitness factor doesn't really come into play, unless in freak cases such as Bond and Asif, while making an ATXI, for me.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Speaking for all forms of kallisball, Kapil's awesomeness lies in the fact that he played for a ridiculous amount of years without any significant dip in performance and without missing matches due to injury to a level more effective kallisballers couldn't dream of and also stepping it up and having some beyond-ATG series' with the ball when his team needed it against very strong opposition.

The fitness factor doesn't really come into play, unless in freak cases such as Bond and Asif, while making an ATXI, for me.
He did not have any support too .

Had to bowl with ordinary bowlers at the other end,throughout his career on Indian pitches too which favoured the spinners big time.

Once i think he opened the bowling with Gavaskar at the other end.

Was quite a good batsmen too and came up with several crucial innings for India.
Not discounting him being a WC winning captain.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Kapil was awesome. I don't really think he was good enough to bat seven in an all-time world team though, and I'd prefer Pollock to him for the #8 role. He's certainly not a joke pick but I wouldn't pick him.
With that batting though i think both pollock and kapil can play at 7 and 8.

He has a very strong case of inclusion over pollock too,tbf in ODI's.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
With that batting though i think both pollock and kapil can play at 7 and 8.

He has a very strong case of inclusion over pollock too,tbf in ODI's.
In a country's ODI team, that'd be fine. I don't think a Kapil-Pollock combination is good enough for #7/8 in an all-time world ODI team though, personally. I also wouldn't ever dream of picking him over Pollock; I think Pollock's arguably the greatest ODI player of all time (I'd probably take Richards over him after careful thought, but that'd be it).

As I said, not a joke pick, but I'm not picking him.

Shri

Mr. Glass
If Kapil plays, Hadlee should play at 8 instead of Pollock. Thats why I had Pollock at 7 and Hadlee at 8 in my side. Then I had Akram at 9. Awesome batting depth.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I don't rate Pollock's batting at all, FTR.

I think its ridiculous some people consider him the best ODI player of all time.

Teja.

Global Moderator
****! I realize the above post could be interpreted as racist but it was never my intention.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Only UC and me now I think now that PEWS has gone over to the dark side.
I think he's in contention. I think Richards probably does shade him though. Richards and Pollock are definitely the first two names in my eleven.

Last edited:

MrIncredible

U19 Cricketer
1. Adam Gilchrist (wk)
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Viv Richards
4. Ricky Ponting
5. Brian Lara
6. Michael Bevan
7. Imran Khan (C)
8. Wasim Akram
9. Muttiah Muralitharan