• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ICC's All time ODI dream XI

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hmm, Viv v Pollock as ODI kallisballers would be an interesting debate. Of course you'd get the standard "LOL YOU CAN'T COMPARE A BOWLER TO A BATSMAN HERP DERP" replies, but still.

Richards IMO reasonably comfortably the best ever ODI batsman - significantly better than Pollock was a bowler - but his bowling wasn't as useful as Pollock's batting by a fair way IMO.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Don't need another opener when you have Gilly, Sehwag out.

Very hard to find an all-rounder to bat & bowl in equal measure for the #7. How about Kallis or Bevan for Sehwag and Pollock for Dev. Personal preference makes me want Garner over Donald.

Don't underestimate the fielding.

Tendulkar, Gilchrist, Ponting, Richards, Lara, Kallis/Bevan, Pollock, Akram, Garner, Murali, McGrath

Teja.

Global Moderator
how can you be so sure.....I was actually tempted to guess Sreesanth or Waqar since Teja was complaining about someone not being in there :)
Haha, He knows me well, I guess. :cool:

and Nah, The fact that I worship fast bowlers who are arrogant ****s who are underrated due to their inconsistency(Add Johnson and Akthar to that list) doesn't usually interfere while rating kallisballers based on merit.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Don't need another opener when you have Gilly, Sehwag out.

Very hard to find an all-rounder to bat & bowl in equal measure for the #7. How about Kallis or Bevan for Sehwag and Pollock for Dev. Personal preference makes me want Garner over Donald.

Don't underestimate the fielding.

Tendulkar, Gilchrist, Ponting, Richards, Lara, Kallis/Bevan, Pollock, Akram, Garner, Murali, McGrath
If you're going to play Kallis, he has to bat in the top four, IMO. I just wouldn't play him as much as I love him; I'd be inclined to pick Klusener or Symonds. Or both.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Jeez what a fricken dire team. Sehwag in an all time XI?

Tendulkar
Ganguly
Richards
Gilly+
Pollock
Bevo
Akram
Murali/Saqlain
Garner
McGrath

Last edited:

Renegade

Cricket Spectator
1. Adam Gilchrist (wk)
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Viv Richards
4. Ricky Ponting
5. Brian Lara
6. Michael Bevan
7. Imran Khan (C)
8. Wasim Akram
9. Muttiah Muralitharan
10. Joel Garner
11. Glenn McGrath

Well that's the team for me.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
LOL @ people picking Lara in ODIs. Not that I mind Test performances being used to justify ODI spots, but hilarious.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
LOL @ people picking Lara in ODIs. Not that I mind Test performances being used to justify ODI spots, but hilarious.
Blaze18 recently suggested that he thought Lara was the best ODI batsman of all time, or it may have been the second best.

He later told me that he in fact did not have a sweaty man crush on Brian Lara.

I was lost for words.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Sachin Tendulkar
Gordon Greenidge
Viv Richards
Zaheer Abbas
Jacques Kallis
Michael Bevan
MS Dhoni
Wasim Akram
Joel Garner
Muttiah Muralitharan
Glenn McGrath

Zaheer Abbas and Bevan may be replaced by Lara, Dean Jones or Ponting. Kallis as an all-rounder may be replaced by Shaun Pollock or Kapil Dev.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Guy scored almost 10,500 ODI runs at an average of over 40.48, and clearly played too long to make sure he played the World Cup in the West Indies.

I'm not saying I'd necessarily have him in there, but it's hardly something to lol about. Particularly when in his peak he was ridiculously good.

Champ

Cricket Spectator
Another rubbish online vote :laugh:

Few selection are debatable,but Sehwag & Kapil Dev are comical selections.

Sehwag hasn't scored a single 100 in a tournament final.Jayasuriya should be there.Changed the game & has scored in crucial matches.Brings in 300+ wickets & very good fielding into the game.

Can have Imran instead of Kapil Dev.Even Klusener is a good option if a batting all-rounder is required.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It's actually quite fascinating how many on this board underestimate or are simply ignorant of just how good Kapil was.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Jeez what a fricken dire team. Sehwag in an all time XI? And Kapil?

Tendulkar
Ganguly
Richards
Gilly+
Pollock
Bevo
Akram
Murali/Saqlain
Garner
McGrath
Sehwag doesn't belong there. Kapil has his spot locked in easy. He's an ATGAR in the format

smash84

The Tiger King
1. Adam Gilchrist (wk)
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Viv Richards
4. Ricky Ponting
5. Brian Lara
6. Michael Bevan
7. Imran Khan (C)
8. Wasim Akram
9. Muttiah Muralitharan
10. Joel Garner
11. Glenn McGrath

Well that's the team for me.
There are better options than Kapil.Not saying that Kapil wasn't great.
Imran in an all time ODI XI???? I guess the only thing that will get him in is his captaincy.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's actually quite fascinating how many on this board underestimate or are simply ignorant of just how good Kapil was.
Kapil was awesome. I don't really think he was good enough to bat seven in an all-time world team though, and I'd prefer Pollock to him for the #8 role. He's certainly not a joke pick but I wouldn't pick him.