• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Dissector

International Debutant
What about Kapil in 83. Don't remember his figures but he had a couple of great series against the Windies at their peak.

Dissector

International Debutant
Clearly great minds cross-post alike. And I would have been first dammit if I wasn't posting from a mobile in a taxi.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Presuming that India's gonna go with winning team

Duminy in for Prince. Botha in for Harris, and Parnel/Mclaren in for Tsotsobe (not gonna happen though) for the next test, imo.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
What about Kapil in 83. Don't remember his figures but he had a couple of great series against the Windies at their peak.
West Indies at home and Pakistan in Pakistan that year. Fair effort, actually his overall record against a West Indian team that were at or near their peak for most of his career is outstanding considering the help around him at the time.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Presuming that India's gonna go with winning team

Duminy in for Prince. Botha in for Harris, and Parnel/Mclaren in for Tsotsobe (not gonna happen though) for the next test, imo.
Any particular reason for those changes ? Prince has done little wrong, Duminy has done little since his debut. Harris has the support of his captain and continues to get vital wickets and keep it tight. Whilst I rate Parnell, Tsotsobe bowled well enough and has improved enough to hold his place in my opinion. I haven't seen enough of McLaren to comment on his chances.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Any particular reason for those changes ? Prince has done little wrong, Duminy has done little since his debut. Harris has the support of his captain and continues to get vital wickets and keep it tight. Whilst I rate Parnell, Tsotsobe bowled well enough and has improved enough to hold his place in my opinion. I haven't seen enough of McLaren to comment on his chances.
Though I was convinced by Upper**** that Tsotsobe bowled well, still I think he needs to be replaced for being not good enough overall itbt. Probably a bit unfair. Duminy I reckon deserves another chance as he's the sort of guy who can force the issue down the order a la Dhoni and is a handy part timer as well. Can't recall Prince doing well either after his ton in that dead rubber.

Though both Tsotsobe's & Prince's case is debatable, Harris must be replaced without a doubt as Botha's the better spinner of the two (gets good turn unlike Harris) and much better with the bat.

Blaze 18

Banned
Way to go India! The win ends a very good year for Indian cricket : Eight wins, three losses (all first tests!), three draws.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Though I was convinced by Upper**** that Tsotsobe bowled well, still I think he needs to be replaced for being not good enough overall itbt. Probably a bit unfair. Duminy I reckon deserves another chance as he's the sort of guy who can force the issue down the order a la Dhoni and is a handy part timer as well. Can't recall Prince doing well either after his ton in that dead rubber.

Though both Tsotsobe's & Prince's case is debatable, Harris must be replaced without a doubt as Botha's the better spinner of the two (gets good turn unlike Harris) and much better with the bat.
I'm a huge non-fan of Tsotsobe, but I was sitting there watching it this week, and he's a lot better than I gave him credit for, or just improved. I know he got some wickets with wide stuff, but he's started to get some away cut from the right handers, and has developed bowling around the wicket. He doesn't bowl a lot of 4 balls either, so from that perspective he's probably a good foil for Steyn and Morkel. I'd love to see Parnell in there as I rate him, but I don't think it will happen. I'm not a Prince fan either, but at this stage I think he's a better option than Duminy (for now). It's just a shame that he bats at 6, he's a grafter and that doesn't suit batting with the tail, which would have been handy today. I still think Harris is slightly better than Botha, although Botha has improved a lot since his initial outings, spin isn't everything, just see Vettori for a good example of that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It's amazing how settled the South African team is. There's not even any question of making big changes even after a high-profile home defeat.

They're really not doing themselves justice, the Indian team has so many holes in it and it's to their credit that they're still managing to maintain the number one spot on merit.
It's a massive short-coming in their lineup. Despite this settled team, how many more home tests do they want to lose?

In the last 4-5 years this team, with such a solid foundation, and now almost 9-10 certain starters, still are incredibly inconsistent.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
It really is a blight on the ranking system that even in the strong likelihood that South Africa win the next test, they will still not be the best team in the world, when clearly they should be. There would be a huge asterix next to India's ranking if there isn't one already.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, a team that loses home tests every year is #1 in the world 8-)

They just got beaten mate, and bowled out twice for **** all by a team with Ishant and Sreesanth :laugh: