• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Briony

International Debutant
Still think India's in the pound seats. Good to see other teams matching Australia's mediocrity though.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Even though Sehwag and Dravid threw away their wickets with rash shots, I think the intent to score quickly is the right one. I could be severely wrong, but I think we need to wrestle the momentum away with aggressive batting.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still think India's in the pound seats. Good to see other teams matching Australia's mediocrity though.
Yeah I'd still rather be in India's spot. But given they only have two bowlers and South Africa chase exceptionally, it's dead even as to who's going to win the match.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Really think Dravid's career is ending now.. Has had this problem outside off for so long that I do not see him improving.. Time to have Lax at 3 and Pujara at 5..
Unless Badri is called up, there is no one ready to replace Dravid in the batting line up.

b1acksun

Cricket Spectator
Even though Sehwag and Dravid threw away their wickets with rash shots, I think the intent to score quickly is the right one. I could be severely wrong, but I think we need to wrestle the momentum away with aggressive batting.

I think Sehwag did what he was supposed to do. You really cannot blame the guy for getting out rashly at times. That is his role in the game.

Dravid on the other hand did not live up to his role.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Unless Badri is called up, there is no one ready to replace Dravid in the batting line up.
I don't see why we have to replace Dravid for a similar grinding player?

You can bat VVS at 3 and then bring in a strokemaker like Sharma or Kohli.

Look, I'm not saying they should be ahead of Badrinath necessarily. But I don't think Badrinath should be selected because he bats similarly to Dravid. Rather because he's better than Sharma or Kohli, if he indeed is.

Evermind

International Debutant
I think that's what Sehwag does. He surprises everyone, including himself, into 50s and 100s.

Briony

International Debutant
SA does chase well but every so often puts in a dire one, like the Calcutta match and in Durban against England last year they collapsed in the second innings. Harbi and Khan seemed to have a bit of a hex over some of the Saffie batsmen when they get their tails up.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't see why we have to replace Dravid for a similar grinding player?

You can bat VVS at 3 and then bring in a strokemaker like Sharma or Kohli.

Look, I'm not saying they should be ahead of Badrinath necessarily. But I don't think Badrinath should be selected because he bats similarly to Dravid. Rather because he's better than Sharma or Kohli, if he indeed is.
I wasn't suggesting anything about the style, just that he is the only one sufficiently proven domestically. Rohit has had a good couple years, as has Kohli, but when we are talking about Indian batting, you need someone truly special like Pujara or Badrinath.