• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Vroomfondel

U19 12th Man
vijay needs to watch it with those flourishing drives to balls he could leave. sometimes reminds of a right-handed Sadagoppan Ramesh (not a good thing).

Briony

International Debutant
It's a bit of an indictment on the spin situation in SA that Harris is still playing. Just on the quiet, is Prince lucky to still be getting a game ahead of Duminy?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Steyn is miles ahead of every Indian bowler.

Zaheer Khan > Morne Morkel
Ishant Sharma > Tsotsobe
Kallis versus Sreesanth - I dunno.
Harris > Harbhajan (in South African conditions, at least based on what I have seen).
Tstosobe is far better than Ishant. Kallis is far better than Sreesanth and Harbhajan is far better than Harris. In conclusion, I disagree.

Briony

International Debutant
Think losing the toss yesterday might have been a bit of a blessing. Sometimes Durban is harder to bat on on day two, especially early on.

Briony

International Debutant
Tsotsobe = Dire, why the **** did he get the nod over mclaren
Or Parnell?

Actually I've noticed that McLaren has been their top performing domestic bowler this year and he can bat. SA selectors at times are just as culpable as the Aussie ones with some of the decisions they have made in recent times.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Haha, I knew Harbhajan would take some. I don't mean to criticize the guy after a dream spell but basically everytime he's taken a bunch of wickets this year is when the opposition top-order just lost 2-3 wickets at the same time and the tail is open. Still, That is an awesome quality to have, much better then never taking wickets at all, like Sree and Ishant.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
vijay needs to watch it with those flourishing drives to balls he could leave. sometimes reminds of a right-handed Sadagoppan Ramesh (not a good thing).
Family friend was talking up Ramesh as a gun batsman treated poorly by the selectors at a Christmas party the other night.

Had to hold in my laughter.

He also said Ganguly was better than Dravid, so he was accustomed to making stupid comments.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
This is the time where SA's weak links will be exposed. Harris is a mediocre spinner living off the good starts provided by Steyn and Morkel and Tsotobe is crap period. We need to score of Kallis as well. Was really annoyed how we let him just bowl his gentle outswingers yesterday and got bogged down.

Blaze 18

Banned
Tstosobe is far better than Ishant. Kallis is far better than Sreesanth and Harbhajan is far better than Harris. In conclusion, I disagree.
What ?! I don't rate Ishant all that highly, but Tsotsotbe "far better" ? Nah, disagree. I would be very surprised if the majority thought that way, to be honest.

As for Harris vs Harbhajan - I dunno. I have never rated Harbhajan that highly, and while he has bowled admirably well in this match, I am still not convinced that he is that good. He has far too many below average performances to make up for. Paul Harris has troubled each and almost every Indian batsman in this series, and when the line-up reads Tendulkar, Sehwag, Gambhir, Dravid, Laxman, Dhoni, that is quite impressive.

Last edited:

b1acksun

Cricket Spectator
This one just to give a heartache to Jono...

Can Sehwag make another half-century this match? Dan dan dan...

Edit: hahaha I got the powerz!!

Vroomfondel

U19 12th Man
Have you seen much of Vijay before this test?
Yes, he's one for the future. I've seen him in India and SL, and he's been really good considering how he was almost always temporarily filling in for an injured or out of form Gambhir.

(Ramesh too was very good in the subcontinent, but didn't know where his bloody off stump was)

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
C'mon Viru, you should put that away. I guess 32 isn't a total waste of an innings, but I do sense a dramatic collapse, coming our way.