• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well this might be a blessing in disguise for India . Dont really see gambhir surviving the early spell of pace bowling especially after his lousy performance in the first innings of the last test.
Gambhir's not a great bet in South African conditions but he's capable of scoring runs there on his day IMO and I certainly don't think Vijay would be an improvement. It wouldn't be a massive blow, but it's not a blessing in disguise.

Last edited:

angad

U19 12th Man
do think Kaneria has been dicked by poor keeping and batsman not putting runs on the board.He had a pretty good time during Inzi era when batsman were putting up runs and Kamran was still taking catches.He's no Warne but he he's better then his 34 average imo.
True, Akmal has fluffed so many chances off Kaneria alone. Misfortune of all misfortunes is that when Kaneria has bowled well, Kamran Akmal has been keeping wicket.

Blaze 18

Banned
Well this might be a blessing in disguise for India . Dont really see gambhir surviving the early spell of pace bowling especially after his lousy performance in the first innings of the last test.
What about his gritty knock in the second innings ?

Chehtha

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
What about his gritty knock in the second innings ?
I agree he played well for his 80 in the second innings. But the way he was batting in the 1st was appalling to say the least. Was struggling to get bat on ball for god sake.

Blaze 18

Banned
Gambhir's not a great bet in South African conditions but he's capable of scoring runs there on his day IMO and I certainly don't think Vijay would be an improvement. It wouldn't be a massive blow, but it's not a blessing in disguise.
It is a big blow in my opinion. Murali Vijay is a talented batsman, but the South Africans have him worked out. He looked completely out of sorts against Dale Steyn and Morne Morkel earlier this year (and that was in India).

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
It is a big blow in my opinion. Murali Vijay is a talented batsman, but the South Africans have him worked out. He looked completely out of sorts against Dale Steyn and Morne Morkel earlier this year (and that was in India).
True.

And I think Saffers bowl better too right handers than Lefties.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was gripping the bat too hard owing to fear, IMO :ph34r:

What a fantastic Boxing Day.. Wall to wall test cricket on a publi holiday, kids will be busy with their presents too. Awesome.

deerkick

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Might as well play Ojha instead of Sreesanth. I'm sure he'll do a lot better. Zaheer in for Unadkat. Let's do this!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Start delayed by Rain. Still Drizzling,atm.

Btw,did anyone see the pitch report?

The pitch is covered with grass and a thick density of live green grass at a good length area.
Also there are some cracks in the pitch.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
This is perhaps the greenest track this Indian team might have ever played on. MS Dhoni reckons that Vadodara's IPCL track in his first year of first-class cricket was greener. It is thick grass with deep roots, but it's not just the greenness. Under the grass there is a crack around the good length area, just outside the off stump for a right-hand batsman batting from the dressing-room end.

South Africa v India, 2nd Test: Conditions key as India seek Durban resurgence | Cricket News | South Africa v India | ESPN Cricinfo

South Africa v India: Tempting prospect for bowlers at Kingsmead | Cricket News | South Africa v India | ESPN Cricinfo

The grass is there to supposedly hide the cracks.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Alex has a bright idea, but abandons it as soon as he realises its futility: "Even if we bring the entire cows from India to graze on it, there would probably be something left for Steyn and Morkel."

LOL...

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Dhoni loses the toss again. No surprises there.

SA to have a bowl.

What are the odds of two sub-100 scores on the same day of test cricket in two countries?