• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Zaheer in for:
a) Sreeeeesanth
or
b) The kid Umadkat
Who would you drop?
I would drop Sreeeeesanth.
The kid bowled better than Sree in the first test.
Drop both and play two spinners - it is the only option, imo.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Drop all three- Ishant, Sree and the kid.

Get Praveen Kumar in from the OD squad if he is in SA already

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Drop all three- Ishant, Sree and the kid.

Get Praveen Kumar in from the OD squad if he is in SA already
Don''t think Praveen Kumar would be way better tbh, he's good in swinging conditions, but in SA you got to hit the deck hard. He bowls almost the same way unadkat bowls. good length but pretty useless if there's no swing.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
38 71 8518 3968 172 8/68 10/160 23.06 2.79 49.5 11 13 1

His FC figures are quite impressive...must be given a chance

Blaze 18

Banned
Nah I think Raina will be dropped. Kirsten would have publicly backed Raina if they planned on keeping him.
In an interview to one of the Indian news channels, MS Dhoni said that it would be harsh to drop Suresh Raina after one match, and that it takes time for any batsman to get used to South African conditions.

Blaze 18

Banned
Got to be kidding... he's got no clue as to how to play on these pitches and he is out of form as well.
Don't see the point of persisting with him when you have better options in Pujara or Vijay waiting.

Sick of the selectors picking players in test who do well in ODI.... First it was Yuvraj.. Now we have Raina... Yuvraj v2.0....
I agree. He is basically a walking wicket; they might as well play an extra bowler in his place and bat Harbhajan Singh at seven.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Harbarjan has almost always struggled away from India.
I think he ave near 40 rpw.
F0RTY
Btw,anyone know how to check the following on cricinfo statsguru:
Which bowlers have conceded 100 runs in a innings the most times?
I expect Harbajan's name to be in the top 5.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Harbarjan has almost always struggled away from India.
I think he ave near 40 rpw.
F0RTY
Btw,anyone know how to check the following on cricinfo statsguru:
Which bowlers have conceded 100 runs in a innings the most times?
I expect Harbajan's name to be in the top 5.
He's third... just behind Murali and Kumble. Warne and Kaneria (who would've been my pick for #1) round out the top five.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...=innings_bowled;template=results;type=bowling

Xuhaib

International Coach
do think Kaneria has been dicked by poor keeping and batsman not putting runs on the board.He had a pretty good time during Inzi era when batsman were putting up runs and Kamran was still taking catches.He's no Warne but he he's better then his 34 average imo.

Blaze 18

Banned
do think Kaneria has been dicked by poor keeping and batsman not putting runs on the board.He had a pretty good time during Inzi era when batsman were putting up runs and Kamran was still taking catches.He's no Warne but he he's better then his 34 average imo.
Bowls way too many loose balls in my opinion.

Athlai

Not Terrible
India are paying $6 to win even with Zeek back on bet365. I wonder if the #1 Test team has ever had so poor odds to win a match before. Should probably jump on it but funds are a wee bit exhausted this time of year.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Thought Bhaji looked pretty good in the first test. Should enjoy the extra bounce at Kingsmead and spinners have got a decent record there over the years.