• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I remember that ground, Paarl.. A very SC like wicket, isn't it?
Yeah, very subcontinent like. Interesting to see if any life can be brought into the Cape Town surface. South Africa like playing there and have beaten India on a slow, low wicket there before but not sure the hierarchy wants that this time around.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
India have brought some filthy,crap,rubbish "fast" bowlers to SA over the years.
Doda "Gash" Ganesh, David "Hey Jude" Johnson and now Ishant, Sreeeeeesanth and Umadkat.
India should drop Sreeeeeesanth for Zahear.The kid Umadkat didn't bowl as bad as his figures suggest tbh imho.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India have brought some filthy,crap,rubbish "fast" bowlers to SA over the years.
Doda "Gash" Ganesh, David "Hey Jude" Johnson and now Ishant, Sreeeeeesanth and Umadkat.
India should drop Sreeeeeesanth for Zahear.The kid Umadkat didn't bowl as bad as his figures suggest tbh imho.
You're just saying that because "Sreeeeeeeeeeesanth!" doesn't have the same ring to it as "Umadkat!".

Xuhaib

International Coach
can someone explain how did Amla go from an unattractive plodder to becoming one of the best stroke makers in the current game.I know players improve but this just feels like a completely different guy.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
can someone explain how did Amla go from an unattractive plodder to becoming one of the best stroke makers in the current game.I know players improve but this just feels like a completely different guy.
More to do with his place in the side..

Few years back, he was fighting for his place.
Now he is assured of a place.. Makes a huge difference to how a player approaches the game.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah I think Raina will be dropped. Kirsten would have publicly backed Raina if they planned on keeping him.

R_D

International Debutant
Looks like Suresh Raina is going to play the second test :pissed:
Got to be kidding... he's got no clue as to how to play on these pitches and he is out of form as well.
Don't see the point of persisting with him when you have better options in Pujara or Vijay waiting.

Sick of the selectors picking players in test who do well in ODI.... First it was Yuvraj.. Now we have Raina... Yuvraj v2.0....

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Zaheer in for:
a) Sreeeeesanth
or
b) The kid Umadkat
Who would you drop?
I would drop Sreeeeesanth.
The kid bowled better than Sree in the first test.