• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I agree the toss hurt India but stop trying to excuse all out for 136. That was disgraceful whether we lost the toss or not, whether we had practice games or not.
I would say in those conditions the par score would have been about 225 to 250.

Even despite no warm up games India would have reached there,it was still a massive disadvantage .
Though scoring so less was a faliure Certainly.

Due to the weather toss became a big advantage ,whether you like it or not. And when Bowling first is a big advantage then the last innings with the pitch deteriorating is supposed to be neutralising ,but can't see that happening on this pitch.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yea...boo hoo.

The whole innings lasting 38.4 overs...I don't think so.
Well when you rock up in such alien conditions with such poor preparation, you kind of ask for it.

Wicket must have flattened out now though, with Gambhir making >9.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Good fightback from India, though losing Sehwag made me :(. Hope Sachin tons up.

Yuvraj (who is obviously isn't very good, but would walk into NZ, SL, WI and would be very close to making SL's team) should not even be near making the Indian batting lineup.
Nah.

Apart from anything else, he's rubbish away from home, so he'd even risk being a FC journeyman in those countries.

Unless he could bat in the top three then he's not a chance in NZ or SL.

Would love him in the NZ ODI team however.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I would say in those conditions the par score would have been about 225 to 250.

Even despite no warm up games India would have reached there,it was still a massive disadvantage .
Though scoring so less was a faliure Certainly.

Due to the weather toss became a big advantage ,whether you like it or not. And when Bowling first is a big advantage then the last innings with the pitch deteriorating is supposed to be neutralising ,but can't see that happening on this pitch.
The conditions might have favoured bowling on day one, but a pitch doesn't go from being a minefield to a complete runway in the space of a day. India are in this position because their bowling attack is complete ****e, and their batting lineup can't hide that deficiency by racking up 700/4 dec on a road.

Corli

U19 Cricketer
Heh, to think I almost didn't go to the cricket yesterday. Being there for Kallis's 200 was pretty special, and AB's knock was really entertaining. The celebrations after the 200 - from Kallis, AB as batting partner, and the crowd - were the most enthusiastic I've ever seen.

Hopefully yesterday evening's thundershowers did something to liven up the pitch, would hate to see this end in a draw.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I agree the toss hurt India but stop trying to excuse all out for 136. That was disgraceful whether we lost the toss or not, whether we had practice games or not.
Are you really surprised that we suck in the first test of a series? REALLY? :)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Ishant's batting has come on leaps and bounds since his first tour in Australia where he could not even survive 4/5 balls.

It's a pity his bowling has not come on anywhere near that.