• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
So what are the chances of rain the next 2 days?

We could quite possibly win this, but let's give South Africa a second life here. :ph34r:

Dissector

International Debutant
Unfortunately rain is a mixed blessing for India unless it comes in huge amounts. It will consume some overs but also make batting more difficult. Nevertheless I am hoping for rain just to annoy PEWS and Jono.:p

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Unfortunately rain is a mixed blessing for India unless it comes in huge amounts. It will consume some overs but also make batting more difficult. Nevertheless I am hoping for rain just to annoy PEWS and Jono.:p
Yeah I hope the rain comes late in the day and not mid-way

We will need rain to wash out at least a good 50-60 overs and bat really well to have a realistic chance at saving the match. Still unlikely though.

Dissector

International Debutant
India will really miss Pujara. I could really see him hitting a gritty 50 to keep the fight on perhaps in a big partership with Bhaji or Dhoni. Raina will of course do his usual deer-in-headlights act when confronted with decent pace bowling so it all depends on the big three. Two of them will have to score massive hundreds at least. Barely possible but not likely.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Ideal scenario would be for Ishant and Dravid to get a 30-40 run partnership and get through that opening spell by Steyn and Morkel. Then Sach comes in and we have a big partnership. Maybe get Laxman to chip in with a 70-80 odd (hopefully more but unlikely). And depending on where we are in the match by then let Raina just have a go at SA and try to get a 40-50 odd and the rest of the day gets washed by rain.

The chances of all that happening are extremely low though haha..

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Yeah I hope the rain comes late in the day and not mid-way

We will need rain to wash out at least a good 50-60 overs and bat really well to have a realistic chance at saving the match. Still unlikely though.
Yeah and dampen the pitch and make things easy for SA :laugh:

Batting 2 days is pretty much realistic if you ask me, pitch is pretty good for batting now. And will get better.

taipan1

U19 12th Man
Weather permitting the game will be over by tea tomorrow.

Unless SRT plays one of those big 200 match saving innings he is famous for.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah and dampen the pitch and make things easy for SA :laugh:

Batting 2 days is pretty much realistic if you ask me, pitch is pretty good for batting now. And will get better.
If the rain comes a little before tea and stays for the rest of the day I wouldn't mind it tbh. All this stuff happening is unlikely though

Going back to being a pessismist now :p

chicane

State Captain
Nah. Batting out two days is far more likely than surviving afer a bit of rain (AGAIN)

Unless of course the match is washed out.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Other than the dumbass fanboys - of which you have plenty on this forum - I don't think anyone really considers them #1 in the world.
I do, been getting results too frequently for anyone else to be legitimate claimants for the title IMO (as shown by them building quite a lead in the ranking table)

That said, I think it is fairly close between them, England, SA and Australia and all of the 4 should beat each other in home conditions, although I'd expect all of the match-ups to be relatively close.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Nah. Batting out two days is far more likely than surviving afer a bit of rain (AGAIN)

Unless of course the match is washed out.
Agreed.

Little bit of rain and then play would make the pitch more difficult to play only like the first day.

Dissector

International Debutant
Personally I think India is the no.1 team, a position they consolidated by beating Australia 2-0 while SA failed to beat Pakistan. However if SA wins this series they probably deserve the no.1 spot.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
If the rain comes a little before tea and stays for the rest of the day I wouldn't mind it tbh. All this stuff happening is unlikely though

Going back to being a pessismist now :p
Well then SA will get to bowl in overcast conditions. As I said the best thing to hope for is good sunshine and pitch getting drier. Unless Steyn gets some reverse (unlikely) draw is on cards.

Last edited: