• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You've never seen Praveen play a 4 day game, only ODIs. So how can you rate his prospects as a test bowler?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Off to bed, this is turning out to be a total mismatch. India were always go to struggle to 20 wickets in this series, the question is whether their batsmen can save the test in the 2nd innings.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
You've never seen Praveen play a 4 day game, only ODIs. So how can you rate his prospects as a test bowler?
You mean I can't rate a bowler on watching his technique ? Doesn't matter if it's one dayers or 4 dayers, you can still judge if someone is any good or not. He's just a one day trundler

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India were always go to struggle to 20 wickets in this series, the question is whether their batsmen can save the test in the 2nd innings.
Bit harsh considering we lost our best bowler, but no doubt this has been a poor performance from Ishant and Sree.

Unadkat really shouldn't be playing.

But I think we're even. I said batting would be India's main concern, you said bowler. Both have been piss poor :ph34r:

Ruckus

International Captain
What's the deal with the pitch? India rolled, then SA cruising. Better bowling, or something else at work?

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Bit harsh considering we lost our best bowler, but no doubt this has been a poor performance from Ishant and Sree.

Unadkat really shouldn't be playing.

But I think we're even. I said batting would be India's main concern, you said bowler. Both have been piss poor :ph34r:
India really do put a lot of their eggs in one basket with Zaheer. To be fair to them though, Ishants form (or lack of) and fitness, and the inability of the talented backups to step up when called upon has cost them.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What's the deal with the pitch? India rolled, then SA cruising. Better bowling, or something else at work?
It's kind of weird. The pitch was more difficult to bat yesterday (as expected), but at the same time Steyn and Morkel bowled really really well. India also didn't exactly bat to an adequate level.

Today it's just been piss poor bowling on a pitch that has dried out a bit, but is still doing enough if you're good enough. Right now India aren't.

SA batted well to get rid of the new ball without any damage. Grinded, but after that it's been one way traffic.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India really do put a lot of their eggs in one basket with Zaheer. To be fair to them though, Ishants form (or lack of) and fitness, and the inability of the talented backups to step up when called upon has cost them.
We definitely rely way too much on Zaheer. Not one Indian fan will deny it.

But to say India were always going to struggle to take 20 wickets is a little bit harsh considering the reason Indian fans had any hope going into this series was the fact we had a top 5 fast bowler in the world, on form, ready to attack SA. Instead we have a 19 year old stick man who only had one good season last season.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
I know we covered this in here last night, but how many hotties are there in the crowd ?

smash84

The Tiger King
We definitely rely way too much on Zaheer. Not one Indian fan will deny it.

But to say India were always going to struggle to take 20 wickets is a little bit harsh considering the reason Indian fans had any hope going into this series was the fact we had a top 5 fast bowler in the world, on form, ready to attack SA. Instead we have a 19 year old stick man who only had one good season last season.
yeah too much reliance on Zaheer.

btw wtf is the MRF pace academy doing????

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Mithun has hardly been ordinary this season. Still taken 19 wickets at 27. Not terrible. I bet he has a part to play in the finals.
In India, it is not fantastic. Top bowlers in a season average around 20-25.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Which is ironic considering everyone slams Indian domestic cricket for having batting averages that are way too high :ph34r:

Anyway, I'm predicting Mithun and Vinay Kumar to take Karnataka one step further and win the Ranji Super this year. :)

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Conditions were quite a bit in SA's favour and SA's pace bowlers are just ridiculously better than India's.

Producing Pankaj Singh, who is not being used.
In his second season in a row averaging under 20 with the ball, which is good signs. Looking at his season-by-season, he hasn't been as consistent as I'd thought, but yeah, he had a good last year and is having a good'un this year.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah I don't agree with the theory. Ishant didn't look intimidating really when he owned Ponting in Perth in 2008.

But Unadkat still has a lot of growing and learning to do. Nice action, but so raw. So so raw.