• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
3 for 30 mate. I think I'd be persisting with the quicks.
Yeah, I can't see the point of bringing Swann on at this point in the match against the guy who has played him the best either. He might get lucky and sneak out Watson, but the quicks are the best bet at the moment.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyway, I'd hate it if this pitch flattens out nicely after the first session or two, and England have to chase a <250 total. It will be one-sided again. Hopefully there's something for the bowlers throughout the match.

Ruckus

International Captain
Anyway, I'd hate it if this pitch flattens out nicely after the first session or two, and England have to chase a <250 total. It will be one-sided again. Hopefully there's something for the bowlers throughout the match.
Doubt it. The pitch already looks pretty decent. Imagine how good it will be when England bat...

Spark

Global Moderator
Clarke not really doin the business at #4, not sure he has the technique. Back to 5 or 6 I reckon.
What's his average at #4? Like, 15? 20? What's his average at #5? Like, 55, isn't it?

Pretty obvious to me. Hussey@4 and Clarke back to 5. Was worth a shot but it's definitely not working.

flibbertyjibber

Na, want the pitch to flatten out nicely so we can bat for 2 days again and have another innings win thanks.

benchmark00

This is going to be a great deck to bat on with the old ball... that's if we're still batting when the ball is old.

hazsa19

International Regular
in recent history it looks as if the 1st innings tends to be low scoring, are we gonna see 2 low scores then a straight shoot out in the 2nd innings.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
But Warne thinks he is a big girl's blouse.
Pretty sure Tremmers could take him, tbh. :ph34r:

Seriously tho, I reckon it's the "body language" thing. Because he doesn't jog back to his mark and call the batsman a "****" after every ball it's easy & lazy to say he's a soft ****.

Gus Fraser had the worst body language ever, trudged back to his mark with the demeanor of Eeoyre after getting a higher than expected gas bill, but has been probably the best English seamer I've seen since I've been watching.

pup11

International Coach
End of a mad first hour, imagine what the score would be had we bowled well/taken all the chances.
We would have got bowled out by now if that had been the case....
EDIT: Noticed the expression on Watto's face when Clarke got out, was simply epic..... :laugh:

TumTum

Banned
What's his average at #4? Like, 15? 20? What's his average at #5? Like, 55, isn't it?

Pretty obvious to me. Hussey@4 and Clarke back to 5. Was worth a shot but it's definitely not working.
Hussey has a better average at #5 too :laugh:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
It'll be great after lunch. Ball will stay reasonably new for a bit longer than normal, but after that it really should be pretty good times for batting.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It looks green but apart from bounce it really hasn't done an awful lot
The odd ball has done a bit - that Finn delivery to Hussey being case in point - but England haven't really bowled well enough to see if there's a lot in the pitch.