• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

hazsa19

International Regular
Happens when your country is bigger than a piece of A4 paper :D

I remember in 09 the England supporters on here bemoaning how a test match wasn't anywhere near them- looked it up the match was 70 miles away. FMD, people commute to work that far here. Catch a ****ing train and watch it

(not directed at you btw mate :))
:laugh: that sounds a little bit like me. I often whinge about the fact I live in the middle of nowhere.

My 2 closest grounds are Lords and Edgbaston. It takes me an hour to get to Lords by train, and 90 minutes to get to Edgbaston by car. it's a real pain

howardj

International Coach
Geez, must mean we're going to send them in if we win the toss.

Geez, talk about putting your arse on the line.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mind games with the English? Selectors see promise in him and want him around the squad?

I don't know, I just feel more confident than I did 30 minutes ago.
I don't think it's a bad decision to leave him out. If the reasons you gave are the case then it's probably fair enough. I was worried he'd go for 100 off 15 overs, which would be a nightmare scenario in a test we want to win.

Was just giving you cause to still doubt the selectors :happy:

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
What are they doing with the News and a Current Affair tonight anyway? Will we have to painfully suit through that ? :mellow:
Same as every year, they usually dont show ACA, but the news will be on at 6, miss out on that 10 mins before tea. At the end of the days play we usually get the extra 30 mins, due to no news being on that late. However, it just depends....

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh: that sounds a little bit like me. I often whinge about the fact I live in the middle of nowhere.

My 2 closest grounds are Lords and Edgbaston. It takes me an hour to get to Lords by train, and 90 minutes to get to Edgbaston by car. it's a real pain
Mate, it takes me an hour to get to the SCG from home!!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Genuinely surprised that Beer's missing out. I just don't see Smith tying an end up (judging by the sparing way Ponting's bowled him so far I don't think he does either) so it's going to be a lot of overs for Watson, Harris & Hilf, all of whom are a tad injury prone.

Burgey

Geez, must mean we're going to send them in if we win the toss.

Geez, talk about putting your arse on the line.
If they are playing 5 quicks (!!) then truly they MUST bowl first. Unless it was very, very dry and cracks were in it already and you'd be looking for some fifth day up and down action.

howardj

International Coach
Why did we announce our XI before the toss!

Sort of gives England an advantage, doesn't it?

They're more likely to send us in now, and deny us first use of the seaming conditions.

Burgey

Why did we announce our XI before the toss!

Sort of gives England an advantage, doesn't it?

They're more likely to send us in now, and deny us first use of the seaming conditions.
And deny Swan day five? Don't reckon they will tbh.

Look, everyone has been saying to pick your four best bowlers... If they think these are their best bowlers, good on them.

Burgey

Shows what I know. Strauss has sent us in. England playing for a draw it seems, fair enough too. Why overturn what they've done for 125 years?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Australia to bat first, if it's a seaming wicket. England win the toss and they get sent in, Aus win the toss and they bat first. Good old Ricky.

Edit: And there we go. Aggressive move from Strauss.

TumTum

Banned
Disappointed that Beer is not playing, now we rely on Smith for the spin bowling duties. So we should probably start a "Road to the 2013 Ashes" thread then?

Burgey

Australia to bat first, if it's a seaming wicket. England win the toss and they get sent in, Aus win the toss and they bat first. Good old Ricky.

Edit: And there we go. Aggressive move from Strauss.
Actually, Ponting just said he would have bowled first.