• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Mike5181

International Captain
I doubt this game will get through without the D/L anyway.

I swear Praveen Kumar was the best bowler in the tri series. The lack of faith in him surprises me a bit.

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
It could be a make or break game for Grant Eliott this one, regarding his world cup aspirations anyway. Since his 100 at Sydney early 2009 he's only averaged 22 with the bat and in the SC he's only averaged 18. You'd have to think that if he doesn't score here his chances of making the trip could be pretty slim.

Mike5181

International Captain
It could be a make or break game for Grant Eliott this one, regarding his world cup aspirations anyway. Since his 100 at Sydney early 2009 he's only averaged 22 with the bat and in the SC he's only averaged 18. You'd have to think that if he doesn't score here his chances of making the trip could be pretty slim.
Yeah especially with Franklin essentially taking his spot. JF can speed it up at the end of the innings and put the icing on the cake which isn't something GE is overly good at. JF's bowling is better than GEs as well even though we haven't seen that this series.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Farce that Kumar isn't off to South Africa. He makes the ball talk and would be a handful in South Africa. Guy seams it both ways.

Mike5181

International Captain
Farce that Kumar isn't off to South Africa. He makes the ball talk and would be a handful in South Africa. Guy seams it both ways.
Yeah agree...Time for How to step up or let Williamson back in the team.

You can tell McCullum just plays this sort of game for a better IPL contract

Last edited:

Mike5181

International Captain
LOL, How walking down the pitch even before the bowler's into his delivery stride.
Must be a tactic NZ are trying to employ..Don't think How did that much last time he was on the international stage

Laters McCullum Grrrrrrr

Mike5181

International Captain
Haha, this one's heading the predictable way. McCullum's goner.
Yeah two batsmen on zero and the opening bowlers still fresh.

It's funny how Taylor can play these real classy looking shots but prefers to play mud slogs to the leg side.

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
Well, I now see why they replaced a bowler with a batting all rounder. They knew they'd need the batting depth.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Havn't watched much of this series - but this start is appalling. I hope we weren't this bad in the other games.

How has to score a 100 here.

Mike5181

International Captain
Hope he gets a good spanking in the changing room...Franklin is the most likely to get a score from here..Styris and How need a big partnership here first though.

These two look pretty good atm.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting that Styris has said that he wants to bat at 4. Given that he's probably been our form batsman of 2010, and that he's been one of the few players over the last 3 months to actually look capable on the sub-contintent, there's certainly a case for it.

Mike5181

International Captain
Interesting that Styris has said that he wants to bat at 4. Given that he's probably been our form batsman of 2010, and that he's been one of the few players over the last 3 months to actually look capable on the sub-contintent, there's certainly a case for it.
He probably is our most consistent batsmen. Not much difference between 4 and 5 in the NZ team anyway tbh.

Dickson is just about managing to restrain himself: "Styris and How might be doing an okay job of rescuing us again, but for crying out loud we look ridiculous. Where is the confidence in this side, are they really this hopeless over there? We butchered Praveen Kumar and Munaf Patel when they came to NZ in the ODIs last year, and lately it's like they're too good for us? This is hard to watch without swearing at the screen..." - cricinfo

bit of anger i think.

Last edited: