• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I remember his interview after a century against WI in ODIs. It went on like Bowler bad, me good, I hit ball go or something to that effect. He has improved a lot indeed.

A random thing about Dhoni's post match interviews, the guy just has to ask a simple question and Dhoni will come out with a detailed description of who did what and why he deserved praise in this game. Just rambles on and on.
I'd pay to hear him say that. WAG :laugh:

Mike5181

International Captain
Would say NZ's performance in the last game was OK, all things considered. It was just Pathan's day. McCullum gives their top-order a big boost and they missed him in the previous matches, Williamson isn't ready for an ODI spot just yet IMO. They have to sort out their fast bowling department which looks really ordinary at the moment.

India's death bowling continues to remain a big concern. Having said that, there aren't too many good ODI death bowlers going around in world cricket at the moment, apart from Malinga and maybe Gul.

Eh i don't know i would still have him in the team at 3. Now that McCullum is back and Guptill is in form he could play freely and he showed in that ODI hundred that he could hit boundaries easily when he wanted to...He just needs the experience and to learn how to kick on a bit better (He is the future) and we need him for the World cup.

Next ODI assuming it's not rained out.

1.McCullum (wk)
2.Guptill
3.Williamson
4.Taylor
5.Styris
6.Franklin
7.Vettori
8.Mills
9.McCullum
10.Southee
11.Mckay (no other options in the squad)

For the ODI series against Pakistan i would have Ryder, Oram, Tuffey and Milne in the squad.

1.McCullum (wk)
2.Ryder
3.Williamson/Guptill
4.Taylor
5.Styris
6.Franklin
7.Oram
8.Vettori
9.Mills
10.Southee/Tuffey/Mckay/N McCullum
11.Milne

On its day that team could beat any other. The bowlers are a bit of a toss up.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
A random thing about Dhoni's post match interviews, the guy just has to ask a simple question and Dhoni will come out with a detailed description of who did what and why he deserved praise in this game. Just rambles on and on.
Hahahahah it's SO TRUE! Just so true.

This first came to light when India won the ODI tri-series in Australia. He was asked questions and also asked to make some comments at the presentation. Spoke forever.

Than Cricinfo uploaded an audio interview with him. It was so long, and the interviewer barely spoke. It was all Dhoni.

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Eh i don't know i would still have him in the team at 3. Now that McCullum is back and Guptill is in form he could play freely and he showed in that ODI hundred that he could hit boundaries easily when he wanted to...He just needs the experience and to learn how to kick on a bit better (He is the future) and we need him for the World cup.

Next ODI assuming it's not rained out.

1.McCullum (wk)
2.Guptill
3.Williamson
4.Taylor
5.Styris
6.Franklin
7.Vettori
8.Mills
9.McCullum
10.Southee
11.Mckay (no other options in the squad)

For the ODI series against Pakistan i would have Ryder, Oram, Tuffey and Milne in the squad.

1.McCullum (wk)
2.Ryder
3.Williamson/Guptill
4.Taylor
5.Styris
6.Franklin
7.Oram
8.Vettori
9.Mills
10.Southee/Tuffey/Mckay/N McCullum
11.Milne

On its day that team could beat any other. The bowlers are a bit of a toss up.
Oh God. Milne, please tell me your joking, you've seen him in like 4 domestic T20's and you can confidently say he's ready for international cricket?! Because he bowls farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrst!?

Flem274*

123/5
I'm Milne's biggest fanboy, but he shouldn't be near the ODI side.

For a start it would be his List A debut. He's played five 20/20s and three FC matches, and shown lots of promise, but he's not the finished article by a long shot.

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Reckon he'd get smashed in ODI's. Doesn't swing or seam it and his pace will not trouble international class players, he is only really bowling at about O'Brien's pace, yeah? He needs to develop swing, that's what made Bondy so destructive

Mike5181

International Captain
Reckon he'd get smashed in ODI's. Doesn't swing or seam it and his pace will not trouble international class players, he is only really bowling at about O'Brien's pace, yeah? He needs to develop swing, that's what made Bondy so destructive
Yeah i know i'm dreaming with that one but i'm sick of watching our medium pacers get spanked every game. I think realistically he won't be in the team for another 3 or so years. I think he is a tick faster than O'Brien although probably not as fast as him during the last year or so of his career he clocked it up to the mid 140s at times, was pretty wild.

Hopefully Bond teaches him everything he knows including that slower ball that he used in his hatrick --------> YouTube - Shane Bond Hat-trick against AUs

Howsie

International Captain
Yeah, it's all fine and dandy to be rapid at 18 which Adam Milne is, but unless you're bowling upwards of 150K consistently you aren't going to trouble international batsmen batsmen bowling gun barrel straight.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol.. so chill here.. and overcast.. Ground looks awesome with all the renovations. A real sight, esp. under the lights.. And with open spaces now to allow the sea breeze to come in, will aid a bit of swing AFAIK.. Always has good bounce this surface.. hard and true generally. Don't think it will rain coz it is that cold right now, generally when it is so cool, it never rains.. But guess funny things are happening with the chennai weather these days..

And the ground really REALLY looks good, even though it is only 80% done at the moment.

Mike5181

International Captain
Surprised Elliot has come in to replace Andy Mckay considering bowling was what let us down in the last game. Surely he can't add greater value to our attack? Batting looks strong though.