• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't want to jinx him, but given how accomplished Trotters looks, it seems incredible he had to wait as long as he did for a go given yer Boparas and yer Shahs were allowed a couple of cracks each before he was finally called up.

Gives lie to the idea of Dusty, Gilo & Whittaker roaming the streets of Cape Town pouncing on unsuspecting saffies to press the Queen's shilling into their hands.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think some of you guys are getting well ahead of yourselves

Ive been watching for about 20 minutes and Oz have beaten the bat 3 or 4 times, Cook continues to swish across the line and Trott is hardly Bradman so a break could happen at any time

Only takes one to take the edge

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
The attack looking very tame, and we're looking very solid, just hope we can hold our patience and keep picking them off.
Yeah, that the key here. Patience. Lets grind the bastards down as gifting a wicket could change things quickly

91Jmay

International Coach

Ive been watching for about 20 minutes and Oz have beaten the bat 3 or 4 times, Cook continues to swish across the line and Trott is hardly Bradman so a break could happen at any time

Think you need to watch abit closer.

Bowling attack looks about as potent as a armless javlin thrower.

Beat the bat maybe three times all session. Ponting with amazingly negative tactics but England seen off new ball. If we get less than 450 we have failed against a bad bowling attack on a flat pitch.

Woodster

International Captain

Certainly not my intention to get ahead of myself, just calling it as I see it. It seems a hollow attack, we seem very comfortable, we may have a wobble, but currently we're very tidy. It's clearly in our hands, if we do stumble it'll be our fault, must remain patient.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Urgh, the brutal lunch break dilemma. Do I stay up to keep watching the next session which starts at 2.40am?

Pothas

Yeah, that the key here. Patience. Lets grind the bastards down as gifting a wicket could change things quickly
Yeah agree, only thing that worries me a little bit is if Trott grinds to a total halt, has done it a few times, was at the Oval when he did before a massive collapse this summer but he looks in good touch so hopefully that won't happen.

Got to be positive against the spinners as well, don't let them keep an end down and they have all sorts of problems.

pup11

International Coach
We're just finding it out the hard way that you just don't get bowled out for 240 odd in Adeliade no matter how steady the bowling might be and then expect to be in the game.
England apart from the 1st innings at Brisbane have shown a lot of patience with the bat, and given the nature of this surface can't see how the bowlers can do anything to bring us back into this one, so we're up against it in a big way now and would need to bat out of our skins now to get out of this hole.
EDIT: Anyone else found Ponting's field to Doherty to be absurd..?

Pothas

Urgh, the brutal lunch break dilemma. Do I stay up to keep watching the next session which starts at 2.40am?
Yeah 40 minutes can be killed in no time, going to have a cup of tea and play some only connect to keep the brain sharpish (well make me feel stupid)

Ruckus

International Captain
Curator at the Adelaide oval shoudn't be getting praise for this pitch. Pretty bad for test cricket really.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
I dunno, it's been very rewarding for good bowling (see: Anderson) and isn't necessarily a guaranteed draw at this stage.

Assuming, of course, that it deteriorates instead of flattening out even more like Brisbane or Perth.

King Pietersen

International Captain
:laugh: This is vintage England on the highlights. Brings back the memories of just how painful that match was. It started so, so well too.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh: This is vintage England on the highlights. Brings back the memories of just how painful that match was. It started so, so well too.
Painful. Its one of those Tests that looking at the scorecard will never do justice. Only way England lose is to collapse and score slowly and they did. Full credit to Australia though and how much better does that attack look compared to this one? A guy bowling 95 mph, and 2 alltime legends of the sport.