• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Spark

Global Moderator
England fell way short of a par score in Brisbane and Australia fell way short today, that is pretty much all you can say, tells us nothing about what will happen in the next 4 days.
Just like in Brisbane - well-made point nonetheless. Harris and Bollinger could bowl an extraordinary new ball spell and bundle them out for 50 and Pupter could put on a 200 run p'ship by COP. Is it likely? No. Is it possible? Yes.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On the one hand, it is a far better batting wicket than Brisbane - Oz are at the very minimum 150 short of where they should've been after the first innings whereas you cant say the same for Eng at the Gabba

On the other, Oz have a far better attack than in Brisbane

Anyway, Eng were excellent and, aside from Watto (another crappy shot), Huss and Haddin, we werent

91Jmay

International Coach
Aussies definatly on the back foot, not out of the game but the idea that its a mirror image of Brisbane and they are going to score 517-1 is laughable.

Clarke looks in dreadful nick.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aussies definatly on the back foot, not out of the game but the idea that its a mirror image of Brisbane and they are going to score 517-1 is laughable.

Clarke looks in dreadful nick.
In woeful form

They need to dump North, pick a new no. 4 and shunt him back to 5 asap

Spark

Global Moderator
He excelled just as much as #4.

If Clarke moving back to #5 will solve his problems then I'm all for it.

I don't think it's anywhere that simple myself.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I haven't seen the footage of Ponting berating Strauss at the close of play yet, but am I right in thinking that he was having one of his little outbursts about "the spirit of the game" because Strauss started walking off before "time" was called?

91Jmay

International Coach
I haven't seen the footage of Ponting berating Strauss at the close of play yet, but am I right in thinking that he was having one of his little outbursts about "the spirit of the game" because Strauss started walking off before "time" was called?
Yeah that was the only thing i could think of, i'm not really arsed. Just shows how rattled they are.