• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

TumTum

Banned
Williamson plays back to a full delivery and gets bowled. TumTum to post.
:lol: Tbh I haven't been watching this match at all...

I agree with your previous post about bowling full early to Kane, but I will go even further and say it is good to bowl full to Kane at any part of his innings. Even if you bowl a half-volley outside off stump, it's not like he's going to cream it through the covers.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Another series win! :)

Our bowlers may be **** for a No. 1 team but have the uncanny knack of stepping it up when it really matters. Long may that continue.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Another series win! :)

Our bowlers may be **** for a No. 1 team but have the uncanny knack of stepping it up when it really matters. Long may that continue.
A combination of PEWS' Standardized averages, the Indian bowling in the second Innings' in the Oz series and this match has softened me towards our bowling line up tbh, Anytime the wicket is not an absolute roadway we're bowling pretty well. I'm betting our pacers will do well outside the Sub-continent.

Last edited:

Dissector

International Debutant
Yeah as I have often said our bowling attack doesn't look great on paper but has the knack of getting the job done and they have proved it again in this test. A strange series with the two hundreds by Harbhajan and the astonishing top-order collapse in the first test. Also strange how after being so competitive in the first two tests, NZ looked like minnows in this one.

Flem274*

123/5
New Zealand continuing their trend of flopping when they have a chance to do something spectacular again I see.

Congratulations to India. Dominated us in this test and your bowlers stood up without their leader. Deserved win. Sorry we couldn't make more of a game for it after two close tests (or maybe you prefer it that way:p).

Shri

Mr. Glass
Couldn't have hoped for anything better with the SA tour coming up. Sharma and Sreesanth showing that they just need some assistance from the pitch to put in a decent performance. Should be rested for the ODI series, can't risk injuries. We could see India play 3 pacers in SA with Bhajji. Bye bye Ojha, you ****!

WindieWeathers

International Regular
It was a miracle what NZ done in the first two tests to be honest!!, especially when you consider what had happened to them in Bang, but as that old saying goes 'the cream always rises to the top in the end', one bad innings from NZ with the bat and you knew it was over.

Zinzan

Despite all the criticism he's received in the last week or so, Vettori actually had a decent series with the ball. Certainly was the best of the spinners in the series with 14 wickets @ 36 vs. Harby's 10 @ 42 & Ojha's 12 @ 37, no mean feat considering he had to bowl to the their batsmen & them to ours.

Zinzan

Couldn't have hoped for anything better with the SA tour coming up. Sharma and Sreesanth showing that they just need some assistance from the pitch to put in a decent performance. Should be rested for the ODI series, can't risk injuries. We could see India play 3 pacers in SA with Bhajji. Bye bye Ojha, you ****!
Would be massively surprised if India beat South Africa over there and doubt it'd be nearly as close as when SA toured India. I just can't see their bowlers getting 20 wickets consistently in those conditions.

Zinzan

It was a miracle what NZ done in the first two tests to be honest!!, especially when you consider what had happened to them in Bang
Absolutely, test cricket's been full of miracles in the last couple of weeks; NZ in the first 2 tests vs. India coupled with what the WI are currently doing in SL, Neither team expected to compete.

irottev

U19 Cricketer
It was a miracle what NZ done in the first two tests to be honest!!, especially when you consider what had happened to them in Bang, but as that old saying goes 'the cream always rises to the top in the end', one bad innings from NZ with the bat and you knew it was over.
Agreed. Overall NZ did well and i'd say it's a big step up and in the right direction. Only major minus to the series was injuries and Hopkins.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hoping Southee can go on and get a quick fire 50 now so we have something to be pleased about with this Test.

I suppose in regard to the series in general, would Kiwi and Indian fans have taken this result at the start of the series? I would have said we would have been happy with our performance through the series and to only lose 1-0 is not so bad, where as the world number 1 Indian side would be a little disappointed with their performance in general I would have thought.
I think NZ played MUCH better than a ranking of 8 would suggest. I am actually happy we were able to put one through and in such a convincing manner as this against a side who have played much better than what the rankings would suggest, and on pretty docile tracks, if I may add, at least in the first two tests.

thierry henry

International Coach
Despite all the criticism he's received in the last week or so, Vettori actually had a decent series with the ball. Certainly was the best of the spinners in the series with 14 wickets @ 36 vs. Harby's 10 @ 42 & Ojha's 12 @ 37, no mean feat considering he had to bowl to the their batsmen & them to ours.
tbh this really just a perfect example of how Vettori maintains a vaguely respectable record whilst contributing very little of use with the ball.

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
I don't see how you can argue that Dan Vettori is bad for our team, it's just bitching for the sack of bitching surely?

thierry henry

International Coach
I don't see how you can argue that Dan Vettori is bad for our team, it's just bitching for the sack of bitching surely?
I dunno about bad for the team, that's a stretch

He is certainly good at bowling long, innocuous spells, taking soft wickets when the horse has bolted, and scoring runs when we are getting flogged. So I guess the issue isn't so much whether he is bad, but whether he is good.