• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Think that's right. Southee was very lucky, the instant his bat touched the ground was the instant dhoni removed the bails. Funnily had Dhoni been a fraction slower with his hands, he would've had Southee out.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's a nonsensical rule that something must be grounded at the exact time the bails are taken off, it should clearly be enough to have grounded something before the bails are dislodged.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hoping Southee can go on and get a quick fire 50 now so we have something to be pleased about with this Test.

I suppose in regard to the series in general, would Kiwi and Indian fans have taken this result at the start of the series? I would have said we would have been happy with our performance through the series and to only lose 1-0 is not so bad, where as the world number 1 Indian side would be a little disappointed with their performance in general I would have thought.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I especially dislike that rule when a runner puts in an almighty dive, makes his ground before the bails are taken off, but the bat bounces a bit at that exact moment. Terrible to be given out in that kind of situation.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
You can't even think about winning in those roads unless you have ATG bowlers in your line up. Something neither team had.
NZ almost won the 1st test, if it wasn't for Harby's slogging.

Pitches weren't flat pancakes, it's just that bowling and captaincy has been below par, IMO.