• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa Domestic season 2010-11

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Cricinfo has him as a keeper and he kept yesterday in an od game.
Ahh okay. Well he's not a real keeper; he's kept in four of his 101 First Class games. I remember spruiking him as a possible Test opener a while ago, so he's a good bat, but he won't be keeping.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
As Prince said, Puttick is most definitely a makeshift keeper. He only took the gloves last season in limited overs cricket as it was thought Ryan Canning’s batting didn’t warrant selection but Dane Vilas, a proper batsman who also keeps was recruited to solve that problem. Only problem is that Dane Vilas hasn’t featured all season for the Cobras.

In regard to Puttick, think Elgar has passed him over in regards to national selection. If Virus can go on from making pretty 30s, he should have the opener slot locked in for a few years at least. Has looked the part since coming into the side, just hasn’t gone on aside from that century on debut. Rudolph is back in the fold as well.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
I really think Robert Frylinck should get a serious look before the World Cup. I think he's someone who can fulfil that no. 7 spot and maybe solve the death bowling problems.

He'll do a better job than Albie that's for sure.

Last edited:

popepouri

State Vice-Captain

Howe_zat

Audio File
RavBo is actually putting in a damn good run in the MTN40 - averaging under 20 bowling and averaging over 40 with the bat too.:blink:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Thought him and Abbott were join top with 13 each? He's doing a better job than Shah in any case
Yeah, when I searched list A leading wicket takers, Theron was top simply courtesy of Zim/Pak wickets.

Shah did pretty done well tbh. Averaged over 50 but the S/R wasn't up to scratch (72).