• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kane Williamson

Riggins

International Captain
Sorry all who are building him up but Kane can only ever grow to be the second best NZ batter of this era. T Mac has already got number 1 sewn up.

ringo16

Cricket Spectator
Sorry all who are building him up but Kane can only ever grow to be the second best NZ batter of this era. T Mac has already got number 1 sewn up.
I like how T Mac keeps it simple, either a duck or a decent long innings. None of this arsing around and then hitting to the cover fielder on 20 like Taylor.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You linked that thread here a few times now. Honestly, no-one gives a **** if you successfully guessed that spin wouldn't be too important in a T20 tournament on an inferior cricket forum. It has nothing to do with what you're saying now and it doesn't make you a guru.
PlanetCricket Forums - View Single Post - Will spin really be important in this tournament?
heh

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...=span;template=results;trophy=89;type=bowling
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...=span;template=results;trophy=89;type=bowling

heh,heh

Last edited:

ringo16

Cricket Spectator
Searching for and linking specific examples of how you've won other arguments on the internet is usually the sure sign of a true genius, I find.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Searching for and linking specific examples of how you've won other arguments on the internet is usually the sure sign of a true genius, I find.
No, knowing how to pick the right band full of geniuses to play drums for is THE true sign of of a genius! :)

BeeGee

International Captain
I like how this thread has stealthily moved from discussing Kane to discussing Ringo. Nice work :cool:

I'm waiting to hear from TumTum about how he predicted that Pete Best would never make it as the Beatles drummer, after watching just one gig. He has a good stick technique but doesn't know how to use it.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Well, you dismissed information that didn't suit your point as fluke and then the tournament stats show that spin actually had a better economy than pace. So how was it not important?

TumTum

Banned
:huh: Look at the wickets and averages. Pace pwned Spin. Whilst everyone was saying Spin will be the best option for the tournament.

Jarquis

Yeah, in limited overs conceding less runs is generally a better idea than conceding more runs.

TumTum

Banned
:laugh: Yes an economy rate difference of 0.4. Compared with over 100 wickets, 4 average points and 5 SR points. Arguably my ass.