• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Ruckus

International Captain
score another 100 give India to chase 300 in 50 maybe India attacks and loose a couple early which may give them a sneak unlikely but still worth a punt.
If the target was that in 50 overs, Sehwag would go about his normal business, and if he got out for a small amount I reckon India would almost certainly play for a draw.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ must declare at lunch. I have a feeling they could really rattle India if they have around 50-60 overs to bowl at them.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Must declare? All it takes is for Sehwag to hit 20 from the first over of Martin or Southee and Vettori poops his pants and NZ lose. Conversely, Sehwag could go first ball and India still win or get a draw.

Ruckus

International Captain
Must declare? All it takes is for Sehwag to hit 20 from the first over of Martin or Southee and Vettori poops his pants and NZ lose. Conversely, Sehwag could go first ball and India still win or get a draw.
Fortune favours the brave. The way I see it is NZ would gain so much more from winning than they would suffer from losing.

Last edited:

Days of Grace

International Captain
Agreed. The pitch and that 10th wicket partnership from India has dictated that this will be a draw.

Has any NZ batsmen scored two centuries in his first two tests?

vcs

Some poor pitches in this series. Unfortunately, the usual suspects will be back bemoaning the quality of Test cricket in the subcontinent and it will be justified in this case.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Probably not, but they probably wouldn't lose either. But at least they would be giving themselves a small chance to win.
They don't need to win. A draw for them against India is an acheivement in of itself. It may seem like dull cricket, but when your ranked 7th dull cricket is sometimes needed.

I like the idea of declaring about 300 ahead.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
45-50 overs 270ish
who knows india might collapse again.
Tendulakr is off the field, zaheer's injured and the rest must be tired. :laugh:

Ruckus

International Captain
They don't need to win. A draw for them against India is an acheivement in of itself. It may seem like dull cricket, but when your ranked 7th dull cricket is sometimes needed.

I like the idea of declaring about 300 ahead.

Yeh a draw is a good result for NZ, but a win would be far greater. Seeing as though they only managed to put up 217 at lunch declaring would be pretty dangerous. Given they have had 6 wickets in hand for quite some while, I think they should have upped the ante a while ago, and then declared.

vcs

Yeah, but there was a bit more for the bowlers on the last 2 days in the recent India-Aus series. This wicket hardly even has any footmarks on it. Maybe it's just perception but it certainly feels that way...

vcs

And hopefully this means Sharma will play ahead of Sree****e in the next match. Honestly our bowling resources are embarrassing.