• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even on day 4, the wicket seemed to be offering **** all assistance to the bowlers. Not really expecting it to change much today.

pup11

International Coach
Reckon this pitch & conditions suits the NZ bowlers more. Especially a bowler like Southee.
Yeah, but very unlikely to see NZ declaring and dangling a carrot for India to chase, if anything India are still in a better position to win this game if they can manage to take a few quick wickets in the 1st session.
Also think there is that Sehwag fear factor that really would make any captain think twice, before they look to make a sporting declaration against India.

Burgey

Are there any attacking captains in the international game at the minute though?

With Mahela no longer skipper, I don't reckon there is.
Ponting.

Sends teams in on flat decks in England, bats on greentops in Australia and in England. Backs his players to make the most of the worst of the conditions time after time, and if they don't he hopes like hell they somehow dig themselves out of the **** they've created for themselves.

:ph34r:

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
:) Finally have a bit of internettage access again.

Like everyone, very impressed with McCullum's innings. We'll wait and see how he goes when he's opening on quicker pitches, but good signs for now as he's taking his improved batting of the last couple of years into this new gig.

Hopkins... For every run Hopkins scores I will take back one percentage point of all the nasty things I've said about him... now if that's not an incentive for him I don't know what is... :sleep:

TumTum

Banned
As I said about Williamson, he has a good technique but doesn't know how to use it.

Just last over, he was completely late on a shot. On many occasions he has received half-volleys where he looked to play a good cover-drive, yet doesn't get any power or placement.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
We're scoring at around 5 an over today. Reckon we're looking to bowl them out.

ITSTL
Nah, they're just being positive against a weakened attack, with the intent of taking the game away from India by lunchy. Vettori will know the odds of bowling india out in circa 50 overs on this track would be virtually impossible. I'd be hugely surprised if we declared.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nah, they're just being positive against a weakened attack, with the intent of taking the game away from India by lunchy. Vettori will know the odds of bowling india out in circa 50 overs on this track would be virtually impossible. I'd be hugely surprised if we declared.
If the ball swings a bit as it has done and the Indian batsman go for it we're in with a faint shout.

I can see us getting them 3 or 4 down and then bottling up shop and being impossible to get. Yet again giving Kiwi fans heartbreak.

vcs

If the ball swings a bit as it has done and the Indian batsman go for it we're in with a faint shout.

I can see us getting them 3 or 4 down and then bottling up shop and being impossible to get. Yet again giving Kiwi fans heartbreak.
Yeah, that sounds about right to me.

BeeGee

International Captain
As I said about Williamson, he has a good technique but doesn't know how to use it.

Just last over, he was completely late on a shot. On many occasions he has received half-volleys where he looked to play a good cover-drive, yet doesn't get any power or placement.
So a kid who has just scored a test 50, in his second match, to go with the century he scored in his first match, has a good technique but doesn't know how to use it? That's possibly the most inane statement I've ever read.