• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Blaze 18

Banned
I thought Brendon McCullum batted brilliantly today; he has all but saved the match. It would take a Pakistan-esque collapse from New Zealand's batsmen to lose from here. I must confess that I thought they didn't stand a chance of competing against India in India, but they have proved me wrong; full marks to them for that.

India's bowling really needs to improve, though. Zaheer Khan seems to be the only world class bowler we have, and even he isn't close to being one of the five best fast bowlers in the world today. The problem is with India's spinners really; fast bowling has never really been her strength. It does not matter how many centuries Harbhajan Singh makes; if he fails to bowl a match-winning spell tomorrow, and continues to dish up pies in the next test, he should not go to South Africa. I doubt that will happen though with the moronic selectors India have. Ojha has been okay in comparison, but what is disconcerting is that he is struggling to run through a side on a day 4/day 5 Indian pitch. If an Indian frontline spinner is struggling to run-through a side not reknowed for its ability against spin on a day 4 Indian pitch, then it may be time to look at other options. Amit Mishra and Piyush Chawla may have to be considered soon.

The issue with the current bunch of Indian fast bowlers is that they lack discipline and application ; it isn't as though they lack talent or ability. Sreesanth dishes up hit-me boundary balls at an alarming frequency, more often that not just after bowling an absolute peach. Ishant Sharma seems to pick and choose when to perform. Why can't we have a consistent, hard working bowler like, say, Dough Bollinger ?

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ's batting this series has been too good for our bowlers. I think taking 20 wickets against Australia twice flattered their ability a bit.

chalky

International Debutant
Short selling Zaheer a bit there mate, with Aamir & Asif out, would have him comfortably in the top 4 after Steyn.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Zak is certaintly close to being one of the top 5 quicks if he isn't already. Who else is there after Steyn? Zaheer is at least on a par with Anderson, Johnson, Morkel etc.

chalky

International Debutant
Anyone know what the weather is like for tomorrow put money on the draw at 1.8 but am tempted to hedge on India at 3.4 if there is a full day predicted.

Blaze 18

Banned
I thought Brendon McCullum batted brilliantly today. India's bowling really needs to improve, though. Zaheer Khan seems to be the only world class bowler we have, and even he isn't close to being one of the five best fast bowlers in the world today. The problem is with India's spinners really; fast bowling has never really been her strength.
Why have you copied my post ? :unsure:

chalky

International Debutant
Forecast is for sun and cloud. Not much chance of rain, possible bad light.
Cheers have hedged my bet can just see the Kiwi lower order folding tomorrow especially with Zaheer being able to bowl. Then Sehwag going nuts.

Just gotta hope New Zealand don't do something special.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
PJ Ingram
CD Cumming
NT Broom
MHW Papps
LJ Woodcock
RA Young
AJ Redmond
SL Stewart
JA Raval
CFK van Wyk
PG Fulton
C de Grandhomme
GD Elliott
JM How
NR Parlane
DR Flynn
JAH Marshall
MD Bell
SR Wells
GR Todd
ME Parlane
BJ Watling
TI Weston
CJ Nevin
AK Kitchen
DJ Broom
J Austin-Smellie
AP de Boorder
BMK Patton
JM Brodie
JW de Terte
SJ Murdoch
PD McGlashan
BS Wilson
RJ Nicol
Oh FFS. Do you really expect to be taken seriously after posting a list featuring probably 70 percent of players you've never ever seen before?

This is the kind of **** that makes CW a complete laughing stock.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh FFS. Do you really expect to be taken seriously after posting a list featuring probably 70 percent of players you've never ever seen before?

I'm guessing it's a list of players who have statistically done better than Guptill in NZ FC cricket over the last 6(?) or so seasons with more weighting given to recent performances.

He's mentioned it a few times.

HeathDavisSpeed

So agree with this to the maximum extent. Prince has been getting right on his high-horse of late, talking about how much better Sydney grade cricketers are than Kiwi first class cricketers based on Rhodes playing 2nd grade in Sydney. How many of these players has he bloody seen? Boring me ****less.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
To be fair, if we only talked about players we've actually seen then Cricket Chat would be close to dead.

So can we make it a law?

Edit: but with you on the outrage re: that list.

HeathDavisSpeed

I tried writing a list of players with more guts than Sinclair off the top of my head, but CW wouldn't let me post it as the list was too long.