• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Southee's definitely run his fingers over it, undercutting it almost. Definitely trying to get the ball to move away from the left hander.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
There is an approximate progression of Tendulkar's first Innings scores in the last three tests

41, 98 and 214.

Tendulkar to score 400 in the first test against NZ. :ph34r:
He might not get a chance to score so big.
There's 3 players who bat above him :ph34r:

Maximus0723

State Regular
I agree with SS. India will underestimate NZ. NZ will pull off a one win. I say 1-1 or 1-0 India.

India don't have bowling to go 3-0.

Athlai

Not Terrible
NZ barely have a bowling attack, our batting revolves around Ross Taylor, a player who would still be considered a very junior member of the Indian batting lineup. Conditions will favour spin which NZ struggles against.

If India goes into this expecting anything less than 3-0 they are the direst number 1 team ever. Back your boys FFS, otherwise if we draw or dare I say it even manage to somehow win a match it won't be as sweet.

Flem274*

123/5
They had the bowling to pull off 2-0 against Australia.

Apart from Zaheer their quicks are dire (unless Sreesanth rediscovers form), but their spinners should account for most of our batsmen unless their names are Taylor, Ryder or Vettori (Williamson is good against spin, but it's his first series so I'm not going to put him in the certain runs basket).

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
NZ barely have a bowling attack, our batting revolves around Ross Taylor, a player who would still be considered a very junior member of the Indian batting lineup. Conditions will favour spin which NZ struggles against.

If India goes into this expecting anything less than 3-0 they are the direst number 1 team ever. Back your boys FFS, otherwise if we draw or dare I say it even manage to somehow win a match it won't be as sweet.
The problem is India have a very annoying/great ability to play to their opposition. They stare down Australia in their prime and then go and lose to Zimbabwe. That's just how it works.

Seriously, 1-0 NZ.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
They won't win the series. But they will run us close. It will be much closer than people think. And really our bowling attack isn't all that flash, Zaheer aside our attack is still pretty crap. I won't comment on the 2nd and 3rd test but if NZ don't score big in Ahemdabad then god help em, cuz Ahemdabad = Napier basically (the first 45 minutes of day 1 aside).

Flem274*

123/5
Listening to some cringeworthy talk from Mark Richardson on cricinfo atm. Knows nothing about the fast bowling stocks in the country obviously, because he's said we have no one who bowls over 140kph, and has an inability to distinguish between ODIs and tests.

Even Martin can hit 140kph. This is the same guy who was pumping for chucking in McClenaghan, Wagner et al shortly after they appeared on the scene because they bowl quick. Can't he remember his own words or something?

In saying that, I agree with his final verdict (we're screwed) and Morrison was unusually good.

Flem274*

123/5
They won't win the series. But they will run us close. It will be much closer than people think. And really our bowling attack isn't all that flash, Zaheer aside our attack is still pretty crap. I won't comment on the 2nd and 3rd test but if NZ don't score big in Ahemdabad then god help em, cuz Ahemdabad = Napier basically (the first 45 minutes of day 1 aside).
Our top three can't play spin. There's only so many runs Taylor, Ryder and Vettori can score.

Howsie

International Captain
In other news, McCullum might be opening.

New Zealand in India: McCullum may open the batting for NZ | Cricket News | India v New Zealand | Cricinfo.com

And it might be for the best, because he's stated he just wants to launch. There is no way in hell I want him at number three if he wants to try and emulate Sehwag et al. Just asking to be 10/2.
Sooooooo he's not good enough to do it in one day cricket - all this talk he'll be pushed back down the order but he's good enough to do it at the test level? :unsure:

Strange.

Flem274*

123/5
Thought he was moving down for the sake of team balance?

Moving him down is stupid anyway. The McCullum/Ryder partnership currently averages 50. If they want electric starts then they have to accept we'll be 10/2 on occasion as well.