• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kane Williamson

Howsie

International Captain
I wonder had Martin Guptill not scored that ton on debut and instead was taken on one of three chances he gave up during that innings whether or not he would have played test cricket by now. Besides that 100 he really hasn't done a lot whilst playing for New Zealand bar provide the odd cameo and remain not out in the process, and it's pretty obvious by just looking at his first class record that he was picked for the test team on the back of his one day exploits for New Zealand. The more I see of Martin Guptill the more he looks like a player who averages 20 odd in first class cricket, he really doesn't have the faintest idea of how to build an innings. That and his back foot game which is close to nonexistent.

Your've just got to blame the selectors I guess for making such poor judgement on a player this early on in his career.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah, send him to Auckland for some FC games. It's not that he lacks the ability, he just needs to get lots of hundreds under his belt, even if they are on Auckland featherbeds, because it is the run piling that counts.

kuranui

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hey all kiwis here,
A question to ya all.

Who is that fan of black cap that shows up in their everymatch.
I m seeing him since 6 yr or so.
He carries two flags.
Has a moustache, looks a bit lyk sir hadlee.
He's a pretty cool guy, met him at a test match at Basin Reserve.
Very Very Very rich lawyer, thats how he affords to go to all the black cap matches.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Would like to see him score a 50 against a top 8 team - that being said the way Bangers have gone this series they don't seem to be a minnow at home. Hats off to him today for making a game of it and letting NZers save face in the game. We lost - but to be honest I would rather lose and have him score a 100 than win and with Bangers getting dismissed for 80 runs like in days of Yore.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
If Williamson comes good - this thread will be of good historical value to look at the fans reactions to his early misfortunes.

Howsie

International Captain
FTR this isn't new for Williamson, he made 0 and 1 in his first-class debut and only scored something like 20 odd runs during his first four one day games for ND. Perhaps he's just a slow starter.
:cool:

Fully expecting him to make another score next game too. Once he makes one he usually goes of and makes another score of note to follow it up.

irottev

U19 Cricketer
This guy's gonna be the next Tendulkar. He's such a great batsman. Never looked trouble but by injury vs Bangladesh. Dunno if him or Bennett will get young player of the year but both are gonna be stars. Williamson's gonna be the best batsman in the world in 3 years time and Bennett the best fast bowler.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
This guy's gonna be the next Tendulkar. He's such a great batsman. Never looked trouble but by injury vs Bangladesh. Dunno if him or Bennett will get young player of the year but both are gonna be stars. Williamson's gonna be the best batsman in the world in 3 years time and Bennett the best fast bowler.
May I suggest a new avatar?

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
How is this guy not bordering on trolling? Honestly clown I can't take anything you say seriously. Is there an ignore button for people like this?

Flem274*

123/5
How is this guy not bordering on trolling? Honestly clown I can't take anything you say seriously. Is there an ignore button for people like this?
Irrotev is not meant to be taken seriously tbh. He's the entertainment on the side.

TumTum

Banned
I actually said Williamson looks a lot like Ponting after his debut innings of 0. Don't know where you got the Tendulkar similarities from.

Days of Grace

International Captain
So I gather he has a good technique.

Is he stronger off the front or back foot; or both?

What shot does he look good playing?

(I obviously missed his only noticable innings so far yesterday)