• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope Shahzad comes in for Bresnan in the last game. The odd extra wicket would make all the difference. That's twice now Pakistan have been a wicket away from folding for 200 and our seamers have served up a whole heap of **** at the end. If the seamers had taken a couple of wickets up front then they'd have struggled to have made 180 with Swann being a constant threat against the middle order.

Anyway England better turn up for the last game. Give one last **** off to Ijaz Butt and his posse. It's not a meaningless series any more with all this bad blood. I think most people would quite like to see Pakistan get absolutely smashed off the park.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Na if Pakistan get smashed the idea of them having thrown the match will be in the back of everyone's mind.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't think so. They seem pretty fired up. England bloody well should be. Sick of this meek ****e in the conferences about oh well it'll be hard to get up for it. Seem to only get angry when they're contemplating legal action.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Easy now. He is just out of form. But he is one our best ODI players & he will come good again. By no means is he a waste of space.

Im not too sure about this. I reckon even if PAK had bowled first in the day, Gul & Akhtar would have still gotten the ball to reverse swing.
Yeah, at least in the 3rd ODI there was some reverse tang for the English death bowlers late.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Normally, I would have stayed up and watched the whole match and cheer Pakistan on, but I just don't care anymore and went to sleep during England's innings. It's obvious the English players didn't give a crap about this match and just wanted to get it over with, so what's with all these Pakistani supporters expressing so much joy at this victory? I really hope England doesn't let Pakistan win at the Rose Bowl without putting up a fight, because you'll never hear the end of it from Pakistani fans. They'll hail this tour as a victory and act like their team were a bunch of heroes. In reality, this tour was the last straw as far as the world is concerned with Pakistani cricket, they are blemished for the vast foreseeable future.
:lol: sour grapes ...

Faisal1985

Hope Shahzad comes in for Bresnan in the last game. The odd extra wicket would make all the difference. That's twice now Pakistan have been a wicket away from folding for 200 and our seamers have served up a whole heap of **** at the end. If the seamers had taken a couple of wickets up front then they'd have struggled to have made 180 with Swann being a constant threat against the middle order.

Anyway England better turn up for the last game. Give one last **** off to Ijaz Butt and his posse. It's not a meaningless series any more with all this bad blood. I think most people would quite like to see Pakistan get absolutely smashed off the park.
Or the other way around.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Would love to see Pakistan getting dicked, if for no other reason than to shove it right to that massive **** Ijaz Butt and the cheats in Pakistani cricket.

Jacknife

International Captain
:lol: sour grapes ...
Your fans were saying pretty much similar things when the T20's were going on,that the players didn't want to be here,they just want to go home etc and to be honest that's what it looked like.
To be honest, in the next match the England players better come out fired up and play this last game of the summer like their life depends on it. If it was me playing for England,id have been more fired up for these last 2 ODi's than I would all series.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol, I'm sure the police often investigate people being hit in the face by a cricket pad. Handbags, much?

Edit: lol, I just read down. Pakistan calling off the match because of a thrown cricket pad would have been hilarious in the circumstances.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

"Newspapers reports said Trott and Riaz had an altercation minutes before the fourth one-day at Lord’s, with Trott grabbing Riaz by the throat after both exchanged heated words in the net area."

This would be a bit more exaggerated imo....grabbing someone from the throat is sort of too aggressive.

Faisal1985

Lol, I'm sure the police often investigate people being hit in the face by a cricket pad. Handbags, much?

Edit: lol, I just read down. Pakistan calling off the match because of a thrown cricket pad would have been hilarious in the circumstances.
It would certainly make for a good break from the serious stuff.....