• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Well If they have fire in their belly to win it, they will beat England.
I think they do....Afridi came across quite energetic and positive when asked about Akhtar and he said he is a fighter and he will play...plus the way Akhtar has bowled so far in the series was a super effort....he has been quite unlucky with some of the inside edges..but he got the key one today against Yardy.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It occurs to me that the Pakistani players are so joyous when they win.

They should try it more often :ph34r:

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
Is this aimed at me,if it is it's pretty common knowledge if you watch any County Cricket, that it's a different game batting under lights especially in September,it's pretty much stating the obvious,and what's wrong with the observation that England didn't look as up for it and didn't celebrate as much,just observations,with considering what's gone on before the game you can't blame them if they want **** all to do with this series and where was I rubbing in the other teams off field misfortune,which is the wrong word.There seems to be only one person being a drama queen round here mate.
not you. speaking in general. that should have been pretty self evident mang.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Naumaan and tombarlow, please don't avoid the filter. If you have to swear, either just type the word out properly and let the filter do its job, or asterix it out yourself.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
What an oustanding cricket match..oustanding in a way only ODI cricket can offer..I love Test cricket but ODI cricket has its charm too..something neither Test nor T20s can acheive..

Long live ODI cricket.. all 4 matches in this series have been exciting

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
Normally, I would have stayed up and watched the whole match and cheer Pakistan on, but I just don't care anymore and went to sleep during England's innings. It's obvious the English players didn't give a crap about this match and just wanted to get it over with, so what's with all these Pakistani supporters expressing so much joy at this victory? I really hope England doesn't let Pakistan win at the Rose Bowl without putting up a fight, because you'll never hear the end of it from Pakistani fans. They'll hail this tour as a victory and act like their team were a bunch of heroes. In reality, this tour was the last straw as far as the world is concerned with Pakistani cricket, they are blemished for the vast foreseeable future.

social

If Eng players dont care about the match then they should be dropped

Pakistan are the team under pressure - the whole world is on their back and many are calling for the country to be banned from all cricket

Eng, on the other hand, have received nothing but support so they need to man up or **** off

Fact is that Pakistan still has many more match winners than Eng and when those guys are on their game, they'll win more often than not and that's all we've seen in the last 2 games

Last edited:

AaronK

State Regular
normally, i will be happy to see pakistan winning a series..for example when Pak win against Aus at the begining of the England tour in 20/20 series.. and when they leveled the test series against them.. I was yelling and celebrating..

but in this case.. I hope they don't win because nothing gets done against cricket curaption once there is a series win..

i want the 10 match fixers ban for life.. yes i said 10 because i know shoaib malik, Rana Navid and Imran farhat has been involved in match fixing at some point during the past few years..

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Normally, I would have stayed up and watched the whole match and cheer Pakistan on, but I just don't care anymore and went to sleep during England's innings. It's obvious the English players didn't give a crap about this match and just wanted to get it over with, so what's with all these Pakistani supporters expressing so much joy at this victory? I really hope England doesn't let Pakistan win at the Rose Bowl without putting up a fight, because you'll never hear the end of it from Pakistani fans. They'll hail this tour as a victory and act like their team were a bunch of heroes. In reality, this tour was the last straw as far as the world is concerned with Pakistani cricket, they are blemished for the vast foreseeable future.
Well if English players dont give a crap thats not Pakistan's problem. They are supposed to be professionals and play like professionals.. I will assume they are professionals and did give a crap and have every right to be happy about a good cricket match.

Xuhaib

International Coach
It did seem Eng players did care about the game for the first 70 overs they were outplayed rather then out cared in the final 30 overs I reckon.

and lol at Scaly in this thread, always delivers.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Umar Gul's last two bowling performances, reminds me so much about what Waqar Younis did in the 2001 natwest series, when he took 13 wickets in two ODIs.

shivfan

Banned
Is a sense of humour not appreciated on CWF?
:unsure:
I posted this on Trott and Riaz....

Trott and Riaz come to blows in nets as troubled tour hits new low - Cricket, Sport - The Independent

"The most ill-starred tour of modern times turned uglier yesterday when two players were involved in a fight. Jonathan Trott of England and Wahab Riaz of Pakistan had to be separated as the teams practised before the fourth one-day international at Lord's."

Since we're supposed to take this seriously here, let me say that Jeff Crowe was right to treat this as handbags. It's just a pity that other match referees hand out fines and bans for less serious incidents on the field....

andyc

Is a sense of humour not appreciated on CWF?
:unsure:
I posted this on Trott and Riaz....

Trott and Riaz come to blows in nets as troubled tour hits new low - Cricket, Sport - The Independent

"The most ill-starred tour of modern times turned uglier yesterday when two players were involved in a fight. Jonathan Trott of England and Wahab Riaz of Pakistan had to be separated as the teams practised before the fourth one-day international at Lord's."

Since we're supposed to take this seriously here, let me say that Jeff Crowe was right to treat this as handbags. It's just a pity that other match referees hand out fines and bans for less serious incidents on the field....
The thread wasn't deleted, only moved to the 'Fresh match fixing allegations thread.'

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
How can England continue to pick Collingwood? What a complete waste of space the guy is, an out of form KP is twice the player of an inform collingwood
No doubt Butt's stupid remarks may have taken Englands eyes off the game, but fair play to Butt he made Pakistan an even bigger joke than they were before and that took a lot of effort

Bring on the proper cricket this winter
Easy now. He is just out of form. But he is one our best ODI players & he will come good again. By no means is he a waste of space.

wpdavid said:
As I said after the Oval, win the toss and win the game. Only England's administrators would be stupid enough to schedule games in mid-late Sept as day nighters. Nice for Gul that he's been able to up his wickets per game somewhere above the 1.5 that he's averaged for his previous 70 ODI, but the ECB have handed it on a plate to.
Im not too sure about this. I reckon even if PAK had bowled first in the day, Gul & Akhtar would have still gotten the ball to reverse swing.

kingkallis

International Coach
Thats a fantastic display of bowling by Gul & Shoaib. Amazing death batting by Razzaq.

I dont think England are deliberately losing it, its just some special efforts from Gul!