• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** T20 Champions League in South Africa

Athlai

Not Terrible
Central Districts have played better than Wayamba and CD have no NZ players in it (besides fringe player Ingram?). Very disappointing effort.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Must say i am a bit surprised Tait hasn't broken Akhtar's WC in the competition. Watching cricket from SA all these years, with the altitude making bowlers seem quicker than they usually where. The speeds Tait was generating in ENG earlier this summer - the record IMO i thought was going to be shattered.

Also GOD DAMN, seeing the likes of Finch, Klinger bat so well @ the top. Further makes the AUS selectors continous to keep picking Clarke in the T20 set-up so infuriating.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
For the entire tournament it appears bowling speeds are down. It might be the accuracy of the detection devices or simply the majority of fast bowlers are coming off the long winter break.

Spark

Global Moderator
Also GOD DAMN, seeing the likes of Finch, Klinger bat so well @ the top. Further makes the AUS selectors continous to keep picking Clarke in the T20 set-up so infuriating.
Didn't think it was possible to do anything that makes that particular selection even more infuriating tbh.

shivfan

Banned
You are kidding me? Bravo has not been great with the ball this year but is twice the batsman and fielder McLaren is and has just started to get his bowling form back in the last two games.

I definitely agree that Guyana have been useless though. They can be very decent on slow/low turners but they are shockingly ill-equipped to deal with South African conditions. That is why I was pretty disappointed when Guyana won instead of Barbados, Jamaica or T & T. I think Jamaica would have been pretty good on these pitches tbh.

Oh well.
Bravo has bowled and batted better towards the end of this tournament....

And yes, Guyana have been out of their depth in South Africa. That said, Wintz is bowling better in this match than either of the Crandon brothers in the previous three. Maybe he should've been in the side earlier, because he has more pace, and these are bouncier pitches.

Noble One

Some great hitting in the later overs.

Someone questioned the value of Christian as a batsman a couple of days ago. Well that is how he bats, such an asset to have at 6 or 7 in the lineup. 20 or 30 runs from Christian turns a 150 score into 170+.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Some great hitting in the later overs.

Someone questioned the value of Christian as a batsman a couple of days ago. Well that is how he bats, such an asset to have at 6 or 7 in the lineup. 20 or 30 runs from Christian turns a 150 score into 170+.
My main reservation was certainly about his bowling, but I guess you have shown me the error in slightly questioning his batting.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Didn't bloody hit it. :@

EDIT: Looking at that made me look over who else my three entire wickets for the tournament were....sweet, also got out Thisara Perera :cool:

Last edited:

Noble One

It has been a good chase by Guyana. The South Australian bowling beyond Christian is rather tame. Fair risk to have Bailey as a frontline bowler when your only backup is Harris.