• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

tombarlow123

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hmmm...what lost that game for us? Was it those last two overs? Strauss' wicket? Morgan's wicket? Broad's wicket? :ph34r:

Probs a combination of the first 2 but who cares!? We now have an exciting, utterly tarnished series! Wahey! How joyous for everyone! Let us all frolic at the excitement of this final game!

No. Lets not. Lets think for a second how many players on the pitch we can actually trust. I can think of 11. What about the rest of you.

Your friend,

the Massive Downer. (but i have a point)

Bluenose

Cricket Spectator
How can England continue to pick Collingwood? What a complete waste of space the guy is, an out of form KP is twice the player of an inform collingwood

No doubt Butt's stupid remarks may have taken Englands eyes off the game, but fair play to Butt he made Pakistan an even bigger joke than they were before and that took a lot of effort

Bring on the proper cricket this winter

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Must admit this is one match i don't really care about the result of.Credit to the Pakistan players for winning but the summer has been a shambles and you can tell that the England players are fed up and just going through the motions.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Has been a decent game for all that.

Pakistan are an incredibly talented team and that is, of course, not the least of the tragedy of all this cobblers' awls.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Hmmm...what lost that game for us? Was it those last two overs? Strauss' wicket? Morgan's wicket? Broad's wicket? :ph34r:

Probs a combination of the first 2 but who cares!? We now have an exciting, utterly tarnished series! Wahey! How joyous for everyone! Let us all frolic at the excitement of this final game!

No. Lets not. Lets think for a second how many players on the pitch we can actually trust. I can think of 11. What about the rest of you.

Your friend,

the Massive Downer. (but i have a point)
Wait before we thrash you at Rose Bowl and then you can burst in to flames my dear...

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Guys, please can everyone take a bit of a chill pill. I understand tensions are running extremely high right now around this series, and these last couple of days in particular. Please can everyone take a few seconds to consider their posts before hitting send, and just make sure they aren't inflammatory towards other fans.

Banter is good, but let's not have it turn into heated exchanges.

Thank you.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Loved the effort from Pakistan today... So glad Akhtar finally contributed and Gul today... AMAZZAZING! There is such an aura to the team when they are in form and the show it... Shame Butt is a Butt butt we cant do much about that .

A decider! Well what can we expect now? Akhtar to stay in? Shafiq to be dropped? Razzaq to love cabbages? Well, I don't know with these two teams fighting for the finish. England are obviously stressed and rightly so, but I want this to be a climax series, wherever it heads off to!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
As I said after the Oval, win the toss and win the game. Only England's administrators would be stupid enough to schedule games in mid-late Sept as day nighters. Nice for Gul that he's been able to up his wickets per game somewhere above the 1.5 that he's averaged for his previous 70 ODI, but the ECB have handed it on a plate to him.

tombarlow123

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Wait before we thrash you at Rose Bowl and then you can burst in to flames my dear...
You have no right to act like a smug tw*t. Too much pride to have any brains.

Guys, please can everyone take a bit of a chill pill. I understand tensions are running extremely high right now around this series, and these last couple of days in particular. Please can everyone take a few seconds to consider their posts before hitting send, and just make sure they aren't inflammatory towards other fans.

Banter is good, but let's not have it turn into heated exchanges.

Thank you.
I understand but i feel my obvious frustration is justified. I was trying not to aim any of my posts directly at Faisal, just at my anger with the Pakistan team and board - i have no problem with the fans. But with replies like the one i just received from Faisal, i saw no other way than to return the favour.

And don't worry about telling me to stop, because i'm not going to reply to any more incitement from anyone. Thats it from me, i'm not going to be discussing cricket on here until the farce has been sorted out.

Jacknife

International Captain
As I said after the Oval, win the toss and win the game. Only England's administrators would be stupid enough to schedule games in mid-late Sept as day nighters. Nice for Gul that he's been able to up his wickets per game somewhere above the 1.5 that he's averaged for his previous 70 ODI, but the ECB have handed it on a plate to him.
Going to say the same,win the toss win the game, in England, in September.Should have held day games, not day nighters,too uneven in between batting first and last.Strauss will have to practice his coin calling to make certain he wins next time.
From the start, it seemed to me, one team was more up for it than the other,England didn't hardly celebrate the wickets they took,which I thought was strange,but they have acted like that since the final test match.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year

I understand but i feel my obvious frustration is justified. I was trying not to aim any of my posts directly at Faisal, just at my anger with the Pakistan team and board - i have no problem with the fans. But with replies like the one i just received from Faisal, i saw no other way than to return the favour.

And don't worry about telling me to stop, because i'm not going to reply to any more incitement from anyone. Thats it from me, i'm not going to be discussing cricket on here until the farce has been sorted out.
Tom, talking about other posters in that way is completely unacceptable. As is 'he started it' as an excuse. Please take this as an official warning not to do so again.

If there are posts from another member that you have a problem with, report them to moderators using the little exclamation mark in a triangle at the bottom left of the post. Retaliation to posts to 'return the favour' is against forum rules.

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
Going to say the same,win the toss win the game, in England, in September.Should have held day games, not day nighters,too uneven in between batting first and last.Strauss will have to practice his coin calling to make certain he wins next time.
He should call the bookies next time to find out if he can win the toss or not. :sleep:

great game. made me want to come here and write...and i wasn't expecting english trolls here...but I see em and you folks are being jerks. Just take the loss and move on. No need to rub it in the other teams unrelated off-field misfortunes.

and what's up with the 'not' celebrating wickets by england? drama queens.

Jacknife

International Captain
He should call the bookies next time to find out if he can win the toss or not. :sleep:

great game. made me want to come here and write...and i wasn't expecting english trolls here...but I see em and you folks are being jerks. Just take the loss and move on. No need to rub it in the other teams unrelated off-field misfortunes.

Is this aimed at me,if it is it's pretty common knowledge if you watch any County Cricket, that it's a different game batting under lights especially in September,it's pretty much stating the obvious,and what's wrong with the observation that England didn't look as up for it and didn't celebrate as much,just observations,with considering what's gone on before the game you can't blame them if they want **** all to do with this series and where was I rubbing in the other teams off field misfortune,which is the wrong word.There seems to be only one person being a drama queen round here mate.

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach

Like Jacknife said, anyone who has watched even 1 List - A game under lights knows that it ridiculously favours the side batting second. I hardly see how that constitutes trolling, it's stating a basic fact.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year

Jack_sparrow - insulting other posters, and accusing them of trolling, are against forum rules and will not be tolerated. Don't do it again in future.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Oh....watch me celebrate it like my birthday once we thrash England at Rose Bowl....we might lose as well but you better pray hard for that...cuz I will be overloading CW if we win.

Last edited:

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
After the 4th test Pakistan were under lots of pressure, but after BUTT did some **** :d, they are now under pressure.
Well i liked english team alot & was pretty agreed with the investigations going on agianst three players, but the allegations against the team for spot fixing in 3rd ODI made me really angry, & i think BUTT **** did hurt Pakistan cricket but did pressurize english team also lol

Last edited by a moderator: